I Spy: A History and Episode Guide to the…

I Spy: A History and Episode Guide to the Groundbreaking Television Series (edition 2007)

by Marc Cushman (Author), Robert Culp (Foreword)

711,719,849 (4)None
"This is a complete history of I Spy and the profound change it evoked in broadcasting, social ideals and racial equality. Rich with interviews and photographs, it discusses I Spy's unique approach to race, co-starring interracial actors as equals. A complete episode guide includes writers, directors, cast, crew, plot synopsis and commentary"--Provided by publisher.… (more)
Member:jfe16
Title:I Spy: A History and Episode Guide to the Groundbreaking Television Series
Authors:Marc Cushman (Author)
Other authors:Robert Culp (Foreword)
Info:McFarland & Company (2007), 452 pages

I Spy: A History and Episode Guide to the Groundbreaking Television Series by Marc Cushman

This book offers readers the complete history of “I Spy,” one of the most popular television series of the 1960s and the first to feature a black actor in a recurring starring role. Interviews and photographs help relay the history of the show, which includes the creation of the “buddy picture,” the significance of its genesis in shooting episodes around the world, and how it fit into the context of popular spy books, shows, and films.

As the story unfolds, readers will find complete episode guides, including writers, directors, cast, crew, plots, and synopses woven throughout the narrative. Photographs from throughout the series are included.

Fans of the show, or of the spy show genre, will find much to appreciate here. ( )
  jfe16 | Dec 2, 2019 |

McFarland

An edition of this book was published by McFarland.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,162,129 books! | Top bar: Always visible