Cook, Eat, Repeat: Ingredients, Recipes, and…

Cook, Eat, Repeat: Ingredients, Recipes, and Stories (edition 2021)

by Nigella Lawson (Author)

Member:JenniferHattersley
Title:Cook, Eat, Repeat: Ingredients, Recipes, and Stories
Authors:Nigella Lawson (Author)
Info:Ecco (2021), 352 pages
Collections:Cookbooks

Cook, Eat, Repeat: Ingredients, recipes and stories. by Nigella Lawson

I received an ARC of this book to read through Edelweiss+. All opinions are my own. Cook, Eat, Repeat by Nigella Lawson is one of the things that kept me sane during the one-year anniversary of being stuck at home because of the pandemic with no clear end in sight. It’s very much a comfort read, a paean to food that brings joy and though I will never in this lifetime want to eat anchovies, reading Ms. Lawson's praise of them brought comfort in a time when little else did. Many of the recipes contain ingredients that are difficult to source during the lockdown, and so the recipes that I did try and enjoy were the simpler ones, the no-knead bread, the sandwich bread, fish stick sandwiches and pink pickled onions. I considered the MINE-ALL-MINE cookies but am pretty sure that there is a typo in the recipe as I can’t imagine how two cookies could contain eight teaspoons each of baking powder, baking soda and fine sea salt. With lovely essays, beautiful photos and many recipes sure to delight, I think this is definitely a book I will be purchasing for my keeper shelf. #CookEatRepeat #NigellaLawson #comfortfood #recipebook #harpercollinscanada #HCC #mybookpledge #bookstagram #bookstagramer #eccobooks ( )
  nmgski | Apr 20, 2021 |
I am a huge fan of Nigella Lawson and love her cookbooks. Some more than others and I was anxious to get a copy of her latest cookbook. Thanks to an advanced readers copy I was able to peruse her recipes and memoir style writing in Cook, Eat, Repeat.

Nigella writes about starting this book in one world and finishing in another. We all remember what it was like pre-pandemic and how things were different. This book was produced with a foot in both worlds.

She speaks aboout self-isolation and wonders when we may dine with friends again, learning from the lockdown and daily ways to find pleasure. She speaks about lasagna and says don't limit it to "occasions' and we ceratinly do not do that in our home. Doug and I have it whenever we want, but mostly when the weather deems we need a hearty rib sticking meal.

There are many good recipes in this book and I of course gravitated to the chicken with orzo and lemon. My favorite flavors and ingredients...

For vegetarinan fare there are loads of recipes such as spiced bulger wheat with roasted veggies, Vegan polenta cake, Tuscan bean soup and more.

Publication date is 15 June 2021.

Genre: Biographies and Memoirs; Cooking, Food and Wine; nonfiction

Much thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. I was not compensated for my review and opinions are mine. ( )
  SquirrelHead | Feb 22, 2021 |
This is more a series of essays about food with recipes than a normal cookbook.

We enjoyed the black pudding meatballs. They were milder in flavour than we expected, perhaps the difference between the British and Austrian versions of the sausage.

It's been a long time since I had the energy to make most of this or the boys at home to eat it, but I do wish I'd had this book then. ( )
  MarthaJeanne | Dec 30, 2020 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,289,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible