Rebecca and the Rancher by Isabella Kole

Rebecca and the Rancher (edition 2020)

by Isabella Kole (Author)

642,158,538 (2)None
Member:sewingal1
Title:Rebecca and the Rancher
Authors:Isabella Kole (Author)
Info:Blushing Books Publications (2020), 231 pages
Rating:***

Rebecca and the Rancher by Isabella Kole

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
**I received this book from the author in exchange for a review. **

I found this book to be pretty simplistic. It reminded me of the old Mills and Boon Books.

It was lacking in surprises and didn't hold my attention at all.

I thought that the one element in this story that could have turned things around is the element of danger. Unfortunately this wasn't developed at all. ( )
  DCaribbeanQueen | Jan 5, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An average romance theme to this book. It really did not keep me very interested probably because of too much detail, simplistic dialog and background. If some of this was tightened up the pace of the book would be better and might hold the reader's interest. ( )
  sewingal1 | Dec 16, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The author's writing style was overly simplistic, which took a lot away from the story. At times, there was too much detail (it seemed like every meal was described), while other parts of the book zoomed through large chunks of time without any depth. And the main character, Rebecca, made me think of a young June Cleaver. She was so completely naive about so much.
The lack of depth also led to unbelievable characters; the children were practically perfect. They never argued, and only once had the kind of interaction that a young brother and sister usually have on a daily basis. It was aggravating in its unrealistic simplicity.
I didn't realize that the book was going to deal with BDSM. That practice isn't my thing, although I have nothing against those who enjoy it. But the author haphazardly threw it into the story as if she was being paid to write about BDSM, forgot, and then went back and added spanking scenes to fulfill a quota. It was extraneous and (pardon the pun) forced.
Finally, the ending was totally tagged on as an afterthought. It was meant to be a wrap up, but came across as a hastily-added section primarily used to get enough words before publishing.
Would I recommend this book? No, not at all. Also, I hope that the proofreader does a better job on future books; there were a lot of editing errors. ( )
1 vote kspetz | Dec 6, 2020 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Isabella Kole's book Rebecca and the Rancher was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,274,421 books! | Top bar: Always visible