Wicked Ever After

by Gina LaManna

413,102,738 (5)None
By the time Detective Dani DeMarco comes face-to-face with the person she's been hunting for months, she's lost almost everything. But only one can win at this deadly game, and Dani is determined this will be the wicked end--one way or another.This is the dramatic conclusion to The Hex Files.

Even though I knew the end of this series was coming it still makes me sad. I’ve said it before but Gina’s books are just so… consumable. I love to get lost in them, they make me happy, and I stay up entirely too late finishing them. If you happen to be looking for a light-hearted but meaningful magical series then I highly suggest trying Mysteries of the Sixth Borough/The Hex Files. I would start at book one, Wicked Never Sleeps and go forward from there as the books surround the Hex Files which may be more real than the people of Wicked are willing to give credit.

We finally learn the last person named in the Hex Files and my reaction was the same as the others named – not overly surprised haha. Each person named had their own part in the prophecy to fulfill, of course, only making sense after it’s been fulfilled. I have loved experiencing the world of Wicked (and beyond) with Dani and having a different perspective with her being a Reserve in the Sixth Precinct. I was excited to see Primrose again but I honestly thought she would’ve played a larger role in protecting Wicked but I loved where Dani went to meet her. I wouldn’t say no to a series about Primrose or Sienna – they are my two favorite side characters. I will say that from the start of the book I would have never guessed the “mastermind” behind all of the mayhem befalling Wicked.

“Damn, Gina”, that ending… such a tease! I would highly recommend Wicked Ever After and The Hex Files series to readers who enjoy fantasy, urban fantasy, magical/mythological creatures, supernatural/paranormal, and cozy mysteries. A huge thank you to LaManna Publishing and Gina for the opportunity to read an ARC of Wicked Ever After – all opinions are my own. ( )
  thereviewbooth | Oct 30, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,278,088 books! | Top bar: Always visible