No title (1958)

Info:Publisher Unknown

[Black hole work] (1958)

Recently added byspacomox, LadyDita, gb38, gerwin, gangleri
Legacy LibrariesAyn Rand

English (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (3)
This book was cute! I fell in love with Sawyer and Clover. Sawyer needed a buffer to save him from his matchmaking mama. So his crazy brother, sends an add for someone, to come to his rescue. Enter Clover, she needs a temporary position so that she can save money to go to Australia. Sawyer is about to send all the buffers in his office away, since he thinks it ridiculous and that he does not need one, but when his mother enters with two candidates, Clover gets up and sends his mother away. Sawyer is shocked and hires her on the spot. The banter between these two was funny, and their chemistry was awesome. Enjoy! ( )
  NelisPelusa | Sep 21, 2017 |
A thrill of a tale!

​Guest of Honor, by Mark S. R. Peterson is all about revenge and how clever victims can be in exacting said revenge.

A girl is looking for a new start and hitchhiking to the nearest metropolis is her easiest way to get there. When she's offered a ride by a cheerful, talkative insurance man, she wonders if her thumbing a ride was the best thing. Especially after she agrees to ride, with him, to his nearest clients along the way. She's actually in for the ride of her life!
This short story managed to do for me, what a novel usually does! The story starts off rather strange, but due only to the character's situation. Then when she does something, like accepting a ride- via hitchhiking, you want to slap her upside her head! But we need ignorance moves in a story to take us someplace, right?

The twist is what really got me. The mystery of it all held me, but when the changes took place, I was like "Oh wow- I never would have guessed!" It was a pleasant short story and has me curious to more that Mark S. R. Peterson has written. Check it out- available at Amazon.com for $.99.

Guest of Honor
Mark S. R. Peterson
Amazon Digital Services, LLC
April 8, 2013 ( )
  AReneeHunt | Sep 18, 2017 |

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,361,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible