Gideon Falls, Volume 5: Wicked Words

by Jeff Lemire

Series: Gideon Falls [2015] (22-26 collected)

Series Info/Source: This is the fifth volume in the Gideon Falls series. The series is six volumes total. I bought a copy of this graphic novel.

Thoughts: In this volume our characters are trapped in many different versions of Gideon Falls. Clara is in an Old West version, Father Fred is in a pretty nifty cyberpunk version, Angie is in some weird military run version, and Norton is missing completely. The Laughing Man is chasing them in every version and in the end they will need to come together in order to stop him.

The panel layouts go back to being very creative and interesting in this volume. There isn’t a ton of character or story development here though; our characters are just running from one panel to the next trying to avoid the Laughing Man and get to where they need to be to end it all.

My Summary (4/5): Overall this was a decent continuation of this series. I continue to enjoy the panel layout and illustration, however there was mostly just a lot of everyone running around here. I am eager to see how things wrap up in the final volume. ( )
  krau0098 | Nov 2, 2021 |
While it's definitely totally over the top it is one of my favorite of the recent compilations. ( )
  steveportigal | Dec 31, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Gideon Falls [2015] (22-26 collected)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,171,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible