Citizen Cohn by Nicholas von Hoffman

Citizen Cohn

by Nicholas von Hoffman

Great research, but the book screams out for a competent editor. Still, worth a read ( )
  Faradaydon | Apr 21, 2017 |
Biography of Roy Cohn, gangster, fascist, CIA asset
  chaitkin | Apr 17, 2017 |
What is amazing is the power this man wielded in the political arena. He crusaded against gay rights and communism with the help of J Edgar Hoover and Joseph McCarthy. He himself was a flagrant homosexual who eventually died of aids. He was key to the prosecution of the Rosenburg's and he had a major vendetta against Bobby Kennedy. Great work to learn more about the abuse of power in the political arena and how lives were ruined because one side did not agree with the freedom of political views. This is one to understand so we keep from repeating history.

I would also recommend the James Wood's movie Cohn I believe was the name of it and Tony Kushner broadway play Angels in America was also about Kohn life at the end. ( )
  yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
I wanted to find out what made this guy tick, especially with regard to his work on behalf of Senator McCarthy. It turns out that he didn't think about that or anything else for that matter, as he was just your basic ___hole. That's all anyone needs to know about him. Now that I read it, you don't have to. ( )
  doko | Feb 14, 2009 |
This is the book to read on Roy Cohn. It's delicious! ( )
  latinobookgeek | Mar 8, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,630,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible