HomeGroupsTalkExplore

X of Swords

by Jonathan Hickman

Series: Hellions (2020) (5-6 et al collected), Cable (2020) (5-6 et al collected), X-Men [2019] (12-15 et al collected), Marauders (2019) (13-15 et al collected), X of Swords (Prelude 2 & Chapters 1-22)

A tower. A mission. A gathering of armies. Swords will be drawn in the first epic crossover of the astonishing Dawn of X! Wolverine, the X-Men, Cable, X-Force, Excalibur, X-Factor, the New Mutants, the Marauders, the Hellions and the rest of Krakoa's residents will all feel the effects - but which ten mutants will wield the blades? Weapons both new and familiar are drawn from their scabbards, as the X-Men prepare to do mythic battle against a truly daunting foe! Jonathan Hickman and his fellow visionary creators - who have painstakingly put all the pieces into place during Dawn of X - join forces to smash the board! Collecting: X of Swords: Creation (2020) 1, X of Swords: stasis (2020) 1, X of Swords: Destruction (2020) 1, X-Men (2019) 12-15, Excalibur (2019) 13-15, Marauders (2019) 13-15, X-Force (2019) 13-14, New Mutants (2019) 13, Wolverine (2020) 6-7, Cable (2020) 5-6, Hellions (2020) 5-6, X-Factor (2020) 4… (more)

Spring 2020 (April);

Dawn of X (Vol. 11-16)
X of Swords (full)
Reign of X (Vol. 1-7)

** As a spoiler warning, do not read this review unless you've read all of the above issues, not just the volume where you've found this review. **

I did a massive multi-volume, multi-arc blitz recently and so I'm going to just drop a lot of what's hot here & going to be copying it down across a million books. My favorite thing literally is now and forever the Polycule going on in Summer House. I love his universe and am certainly very curious about the things still hiding in the shadows.

I'm glad Kitty found her way through that thing. I'm glad we didn't lose Betsy while we were in the other universe where death *sort of* sticks. Excalibur remains the most arrestingly gorgeous art. I'm still not interested in the one and only story comics know how to tell with Beast. I love the whole council and can't stop cooing over Erik as the Left Hand/Charles as the right (and even more so the bits where/how Jean & Scott are off to reform the X-Men #goodboy).

Jeanne & The Twins, in general, are back and I'm super duper in love with that. I really madly adore that there isn't any vast soap opera drama with any relationships or old bad blood that can't be given a new chance in Krakoa. There's such a breath of fresh air reading a lot of the choices Hickman and his writers have made. Illyana remains a badass demon-sorceress at all times, and Ororo remains a goddess. I loved all the Giant-Size art across Emma, Jean, Ororo. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Dec 27, 2022 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,975,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible