Gideon Falls, Volume 6

by Jeff Lemire

Series: Gideon Falls [2015] (27 collected)

Series Info/Source: This is the sixth and final volume in the Gideon Falls series. I bought a copy of this book.

Thoughts: The way this ended was a bit disappointing, but not unexpected. I think I was hoping for some more revelations that would tie the story together better and for things to have a bit more closure. I didn’t get solid answers to many of my questions and felt like the whole premise ended up being half-baked.

In this volume all of our characters come together to stop the evil of the Laughing Man once and for all. This may require one of our characters to make the ultimate sacrifice to keep the world from unraveling and get things back to where they started. However, can you really ever stop the evil of the Laughing Man when it is so multi-dimensional?

I continue to really enjoy the amazing artwork and panel layout of this series. The way this graphic novel is laid out and put together is amazing; it’s one of the most creatively laid out graphic novels I have read in some time and I appreciate the work and thoughtfulness that went into this.

I am very disappointed in the way it ended though which was mostly confusing and seemed like a bit of a cop-out. It felt like the writers didn’t really know how to end things after all the twisting and turning they did throughout realities, so they chose a fairly predictable and cliche ending.

My Summary (3.5/5): Overall, despite the fairly disappointing ending, I am still glad that I read this. The story is insanely creative and intriguing. The artwork and the way the panels are laid out are amazing. A lot of effort and time went into making this an amazing, mind-being series (both story wise and artistically). That being said this ending was disappointing, yet not unexpected; I wish it had made a bit more sense and provided more closure. However, don’t let a poor ending deter you from reading what was otherwise a fantastic journey. ( )
  krau0098 | Nov 16, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Gideon Falls [2015] (27 collected)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,295,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible