Still Standing

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Wild West MC (1)

1311,306,168 (3.7)None
When Clara Delany walks into the Aces High Motorcycle Club's hangout, she's hit rock bottom. She's hiding her car from the repo man, she has less than two dollars in her bank account and the only employment she can get is delivering messages for a criminal.All because of a man. Therefore, she's sworn off them.And then she meets West "Buck" Hardy, president of the Aces High MC.Buck also meets her, and the minute he does, he makes it clear (to everyone but Clara) that they're starting something. Since Clara doesn't get that message, she decides to leave Buck and sort out her life in order to come back to him clean.She's not gone but hours before life hits Clara with another blow. Which means Buck and his boys have to ride in and save the day. After that, Buck makes no bones about where they stand.But does he?Welcome to the first novel in the Wild West MC series which will tell the stories of the brothers of the Aces High MC, the Resurrection MC and the Chaos MC?and the women who love them.… (more)

4.5 stars

If this author writes it then I read it. I wasn't sure where this series was going to go when this author first brought up the mention of several MCs in one series. I had a hard time wrapping my head around how I could get invested in one MC and their characters before the series shifted to another series and set of characters. Well, I should not have worried because that author managed to put my concerns aside and created basically a standalone book inside an overarching theme based on MC romance.

The story started out interesting and felt reminiscent of the older KA books. I enjoyed that. There wasn't the usual amount of details in setting up a scene and I found that I DID miss that in some areas. I will say that there was a huge miscommunication regarding MC life, that occurred, that I really struggled with. Thank goodness that the author did her magic because I was struggling to stay
with the story until that was resolved.

I enjoyed Clara and Buck together though. There were times that the story felt like it mirrored Motorcycle Man in regard to portions of the story but I was okay with that considering how much I loved that story. As with every story that this author writes, there are over the top alphahole tendencies, great bantering, steamy times, and storyline. I found myself only wanting to have a story about one real side character from this series so the author did a good job just writing a standalone MC series.

Is this my favorite by this author? No. Will I still reread it? YES. There is just something about what she does that keeps her in a league all her own. I recommend this book to all KA fans. ( )
  MagicalRi | Feb 24, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,092,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible