Bitter Betrayal (Arctic Mysteries Novella…

Bitter Betrayal (Arctic Mysteries Novella Book 1) (edition 2020)

by Rebecca Hemlock (Author)

432,817,266 (3.67)None
Member:PattiPeanut1992
Title:Bitter Betrayal (Arctic Mysteries Novella Book 1)
Authors:Rebecca Hemlock (Author)
Info:Bluecap Publishing (2020), 140 pages
Rating:*****

Bitter Betrayal (Arctic Mysteries Novella Book 1) by Rebecca Hemlock

If you enjoy action and suspense you need to check out this new series> Examining the adventures of a father, son, along with their family and friends, this book captured my attention. I could not put it down. Focusing on a ring, and the various people who want it including Luke, who takes his son Adam on a work-related trip, the storyline kept me wondering how this would turn out.

With a title like Bitter Betrayal, I knew someone would betray someone else within the pages of this book. But, I honestly must say I was somewhat surprised with who the betrayer was. So if you enjoy books that take twists and turns and almost leaving you hanging at the end waiting for the next book in a series to be released, check out this book for yourself.

I received a complimentary copy of this book, but this in no way influenced my review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  PattiPeanut1992 | Apr 16, 2021 |
3.5 Stars!
Bitter Betrayal is the perfect choice for someone looking for a quick read with an interesting plot. Luke Wilkins, his little boy Adam, and the Alaskan Environmental Research Team take readers on a trip of adventure and suspense, after a plane crash in Canada. There's a discovery of a Viking castle, secret messages on the walls of caves, and a special ring that someone is desperate to find and keep. There's also an intense rivalry between Luke and Chin Si Lee that isn't resolved when this story ends, so it's apparent that author Rebecca Hemlock plans more books for the future.

If you enjoy mystery, history, and a clean, fast read, you will like Bitter Betrayal. I am giving it 3.5 stars.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Celebrate Lit. There was no obligation for a favorable review. ( )
  fcplcataloger | Apr 12, 2021 |
The book is a fast read and has a story filled with adventure. I loved the setting and the treasure that the team was looking for. Ancient artifacts that someone is willing to kill for is at the center of this action thriller.

The author takes on a trip into Viking history as Luke and his team try to unravel the mystery of a ring and hidden messages on caves hidden deep within mountains. I was intrigued by where the story would take us. It did fall a little short in the description of characters and I couldn’t quite figure out some of the plot. The author leaves us hanging so I will have to wait for the next book to see what happens.

I received a copy of the book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Apr 10, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,235,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible