Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard

Present Danger (2021)

by Elizabeth Goddard

If you are looking for a suspenseful read complete with twists and turns and a surprise ending I didn’t see coming, Present Danger just might be the book for you. This is the first in the Rocky Mountain Courage series by Elizabeth Goddard. I thought the plot was interesting and the characters were very relatable. I really enjoyed a surprise visit from some characters in her last series as well.

The one issue I had with the book is that I think it got off to a bit of a slow start. I felt like the author took a while to set the story up, but once she did I was hooked and just had to know how it ended.

I look forward to the next book in the series.

Thank you to the author and publisher for a copy of the book. ( )
  Melissa_O | Apr 17, 2021 |
Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard is the first book in the Rocky Mountain Courage series. This is a well written, fast paced story that I didn’t want to put down. Jack has returned to his home town to help care for his ailing aunt and takes a job that brings him in contact with a former girlfriend, Terra. The two end up working together to find a murderer and connections between other events happening.

This is a great Christian Romantic Suspense story. It is filled with strong characters and lots of suspense with many unexpected twist and turns. The characters are not only dealing with the stress of their jobs but also the stresses in their family relationships. I really enjoyed how quickly Jack and Terra were able to put their past behind them and work together. I also enjoyed how they both watched out for their family members and each other.

I received a copy of the book through the Launch Team for Present Danger. This is my honest review. ( )
  eccl | Apr 12, 2021 |
There is so much detail in Present Danger in regards to National Parks and illegal artifacts on the black market, you can tell Elizabeth Goddard really did her research. And I love when authors have their characters from other series do cross-overs which is what she did with a couple of characters from her Uncommon Justice series.

Present Danger is a book that I really had to take my time and read because of all the details, twists, and various story threads that Goddard had to tie together, which she was able to do by the end of the story. And Goddard also includes little things that you may not even really think about (like Terra’s mysterious boss, who we only get to know through voicemails), but adds yet another layer to the story.

Then there’s the wonderful character development. Jack and Terra both have very complex lives and feelings for each other because of their past relationship. Jack is looking after his mother who has dementia and Terra has to deal with her mother’s legacy, so both of these things add a layer to the book that I think a lot of readers will be able to identify with.

Present Danger is a fantastic start to the Rocky Mountain Courage series, and I’m looking forward to book two, Deadly Target. ( )
  KimHeniadis | Apr 12, 2021 |
This was an amazing book! I haven't read any of books by this author, but hope I will in the future. She writes a spell-binding book that you just can't put down.
In this book you will have no time to catch your breath as Terra and Jack, a former beau, team together to find a murderer who seems all too elusive. There are lots of unexpected events in the book as Terra appears to a target for the killer. I love the archeological themes of the book. I love old Native American art and culture so it captivated me!

The plot and the characters were so well developed that the suspense was very intense and yet very believable. Each of the characters have underlying stories as well as their past together that didn't end as Terra had hoped.

All in all, I totally loved this book. If you like a great suspense, this will not disappoint you! Not a boring moment to be found! It is easily a 5 star read.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing. All thoughts are my own. ( )
  Sonja.Hoeke.Nish7358 | Apr 10, 2021 |
Two girls are missing in the forest, and all hands are on deck. Various agencies are working together, with hope and prayers on their minds. Former FBI Special Agent Hack Tanner, now a detective comes across a body. Not one of the girls thankfully, but a body of a man that appears to may have had foul play involved with how the scene looks. In are called the troops and none other than someone he thought he left in the past shows up, US Forest Service Special Agent Terra Conners.
The two have to put the past, and their differences aside to work together. As the case takes off, both have different areas of expertise to bring to the case, but yet hard feelings are also coming to the forefront and things that were left unsaid are now lurking to come out. The two end up on a goose chase with suspects they would have never imagined.
This was a well written suspense novel. There was a lot that happened, lots of action, lots of story lines and lots of characters but the author did a great job at keeping it easy to follow. The characters all had their own personalities and pasts and I enjoyed that she gave us the different point of views from each, to explain the past that was part of who they were today. I like that she had slight romance in the book, but not a lot. Thank you at Revell Publishing for the free book. ( )
  Chelz286 | Apr 10, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Jack Tanner and Tessa Connors track down murderers and those who trade in stolen artifacts while rekindling their lost love for each other.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Elizabeth Goddard's book Present Danger was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,159,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible