Feminism in Our Time: The Essential Writings, World War II to the Present

by Miriam Schneir

2072102,967 (3.56)None
Gathers a selection of modern feminist writings by Simone de Beauvoir, Betty Friedan, Kate Millett, Susan Brownmiller, Germaine Greer, Gloria Steinem, and Andrea Dworkin.

Feminism in our Time is a great collection of feminist essays. It mostly covers second wave feminism, and it helps to put some second wave ideas into perspective. ( )
  ryvre | Apr 28, 2008 |
An excellent collection of second-wave feminist writings. Third-wavers like myself will likely find much that frustrates in these writings, but these are the theories that our movement was built upon, and it's important to understand where our elders were and are coming from. If you want to get an idea of the most influential feminist theories and writings from World War II to the 90s, this is an excellent start. ( )
  Crowyhead | Mar 7, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,130,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible