The Castaways

by Lucy Clarke

*A Waterstones Thriller of the Month selection & the Sunday Times bestseller* A SECRET BEACH. A HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME. WISH YOU WERE HERE? THINK AGAIN... 'We're tipping it as one of 2021's best reads' Marie Claire 'Totally addictive, clever and atmospheric' Erin Kelly 'Tense, unnerving and emotional' C. L. Taylor 'Packed full of intrigue' Heidi Perks You wake on a beautiful, remote island. Sparkling blue seas, golden sunsets, barely a footprint in the sand. Yet this is no ordinary escape.   Next to the wreck of a plane, a stranger paces. Another sharpens a knife, scoring a list of the dead onto a palm tree. Others watch from the shadows of a campfire - all with untold stories, and closely-guarded secrets... This is no ordinary holiday. This is no ordinary island. This is no ordinary beach read. Gripping, twisty and full of sun-soaked atmosphere, THE CASTAWAYS will whisk you far away to the island - and never let you go. Everyone's talking about the hottest thriller for 2021: 'Wow... Beautifully paced, tense and twisty' B A Paris 'A twisty, wonderful heartfelt story about sibling love, this is the author's best yet' Prima 'A beautifully written, emotional and intelligent thriller. Full of atmosphere and tension as well as brilliantly drawn characters that I cared about. I loved it!' Claire Douglas 'Wow wow wow! I've enjoyed The Castaways more than any book for years!' Netgalley reviewer 'The Castaways is a genuine page-turner - a taut, utterly compelling tale that will make you wonder just how far you'd be willing to go to find out the truth' T M Logan 'Fantastic thriller, full of twists and turns!' Netgalley reviewer 'This deft thriller is as emotionally intelligent on the complex dynamic between sisters as it is compulsive. I stayed up way too late to finish it' Kate Riordan 'I was hooked from the very first page' Netgalley reviewer 'I found this the perfect piece of escapism' Netgalley reviewer… (more)

Sisters Erin and Lori are due to fly together for a break on an island in Fuji. Erin however never makes it to the plane and Lori goes alone. Then the plane crashes.

I really enjoyed this book. Think of the tv programme Lost but without the weirdness.

The story follows the two sisters. Erin in the present as she is looking for answers to what happened to the plane and her sister. Lori is stranded on an island with thr survivors and what happens to her.

The story had a lot going for it and I wanted to follow Lori to see how things were going to go whilst on the island and there were a few surprises. Erin had a story to tell also as she was getting closer to the truth with a twist along the way.

I really enjoyed this book and highly recommended it. I enjoy a good thriller and this offered something a little different. ( )
  tina1969 | Oct 31, 2021 |
A compelling mystery about two sisters called Lori and Erin who have a very strong bond. After Lori’s relationship breakup with her partner, the sisters decide to take a holiday on a luxury island resort in Fiji. An argument the night before flying sends things awry and Lori ends up on the plane alone. The plane crashes and the nightmare begins.

This is such a page turner. I was gripped from beginning to end. I read it via the Pigeonhole app and couldn’t wait to receive each stave every day. There are plenty of twists and turns and it’s full of suspenseful and tense moments. I always wondered what was going to happen next. If you enjoy stories which keep you on the edge of your seat and also with surprise endings, you’ll love this one although it might give you a fear of flying! This is the first book I’ve read by Lucy Clarke and it certainly won’t be my last. ( )
  VanessaCW | Mar 7, 2021 |
For James, Tommy, and Darcy
Lori wheeled her suitcase along the humid airport runway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,953,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible