At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island)…

At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island) (edition 2021)

by Suzanne Woods Fisher (Author)

1914905,194 (4.27)None
Member:PhyllisReads
Title:At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island)
Authors:Suzanne Woods Fisher (Author)
Info:Revell (2021), 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:arcs-and-giveaways, librarything-wins, own-it, christian, faith, womens-fiction, families, sisters, small-town, romance, series, friendship, food-cooking

At Lighthouse Point (Three Sisters Island) by Suzanne Woods Fisher

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book brings us back with dear friends, and we have updates, and surprises, and big surprises, and more.

Blaine is home from Paris and brought a friend with her, and we are there for the misadventures of her friend Jean Paul, he sure is unlucky, but full of wisdom.

I love being back on this island in Maine, and being with some of these colorful characters, and a very rundown camp. I would love to go to Peg Legg's diner, and hope Blaine was cooking that day!

If this is your first visit with this series, you will not be lost, but you will be back for more, these reads are that good!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Revell, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Apr 18, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is the third book in the series and the focus is on the youngest sister. It picks up where the second book left off.

I enjoyed this book and the characters were quite believable. The story flowed well. It is not linear in time as it goes back to different times to tell something that happened when Blaine was a child. This did not bother me as it helped explain why things were as they are now.

The ook was well written and did leave me wanting more, but I think this is the last in this series as each daughter had a book revolve around them. I enjoyed meeting the characters and think you will enjoy the book also. It is a Christian book but not at all preachy.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book. The opinions are entirely my own.

I give this a 4 out of 5-star rating. ( )
  grammy57 | Apr 15, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Having completed her culinary schooling in France, Blaine returns home to become the chef at her father’s camp. But so many things are just wrong, wrong, wrong! The camp’s kitchen remodel, which her no-cooking-ability sister Cam surprised her with, could not support any kind of commercial cooking. Blaine's friendship with her longtime friend Artie was decidedly chilly, and she did not know why. Her estranged grandfather had shown up unexpectedly and was quite silent about his reason for coming. Peg’s diner, which Blaine had elevated to a higher culinary standard before her departure had deteriorated to its former inadequate state. Both her sisters are dealing with pregnancies and busy husbands. And the friend she had brought back back from France with her was certainly causing a great deal of curiosity. As usual, Cam is running roughshod over everyone, and trying to force the locals into voting to bring a cell tower to the island. Blaine has her own dream, one that seems impossible, but she can’t quite give up on it. This third book in the trilogy was bitter sweet for me - I didn’t want to say goodbye to this marvelous Grayson family. Everything in this series is delightful, from the island setting to the great characters and their engrossing stories. Suzanne Woods Fisher is a phenomenal storyteller, and her writing does not disappoint. She has an astounding talent for painting pictures with words and weaving together intriguing plots. This entire series is highly recommended. ( )
  Maydacat | Apr 12, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thoroughly enjoyed this latest visit to Three Sisters Island and the Grayson family! ( This is the 3rd book in Suzanne Woods Fishers' Three Sisters Island series.) The island sounds beautiful, and having been to Acadia National Park a few years ago, it made me want to plan another trip back there. It was great to again spend time with the quirky characters who are long time residents of the island, especially Peg Legg! I love that character!! The whole atmosphere of the island community is cozy, even though the islanders will probably always consider the Grayson newcomers, no matter how long they live there! The daughters, especially Cam, continue to try to make improvements on the island, sometimes with mixed results.
While I did enjoy the story line, it was the characters who seemed to dominate the story. I loved visiting with them again, and seeing these 3 sometimes contentious sisters finally start understanding each other better, and begin putting childish patterns behind them! The short stories about childhood incidents sprinkled through the book added to an understanding of those relationships. Paul, the dad, doesn't quite understand what is going on with them most of the time, but he just wants to see everyone happy! The idea of setting up and running a camp is interesting, and so are the complications that come with that. In this 3rd book, the older sisters are married, and Blaine, the youngest, just back from France & culinary school, is trying to re-connect with her old 'best friend' after a falling out. And life goes on..... and the family continues to grow in numbers! I especially enjoyed Jean-Paul, the young French friend who came home with Blaine for a visit, puzzling the family about just what his relationship was to Blaine. His mishaps had me chuckling, but he was such a special person, so insightful, and so helpful to the sisters. Everyone should have a friend like him! There was lots going on in this ongoing story, including the unexpected arrival of Paul's estranged father. So, several story lines going on in one story....which is pretty much what happens in the real life of family! It was a delight to visit them again!
And a special thanks to Suzanne for including the 'cast of characters' with a short description of each in the front of the book! It really helped to get me back into the story and the characters before starting this 3rd book. That is so helpful when reading a series as the books come out, and a lot of time passes between books! I am hoping there will be another book in the series! ( )
  macnoid | Apr 12, 2021 |
Fitting finale to a fantastic series! Totally recommend!

Be sure to read the series in order to enjoy this story in its completeness.

Thank you to Revell for a complimentary copy thru NetGalley. Opinions are my own. ( )
  JenGalaxy4 | Apr 10, 2021 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Suzanne Woods Fisher's book At Lighthouse Point is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,155,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible