Jack Pierson

by Jack Pierson

20None899,887 (5)None
Erotic, enigmatic and ephemeral-feeling, this compact artist's book includes 60 artworks in different media, including videos, works on canvas, digital paintings, word sculptures, slides and printed photographs. Often out of focus, overexposed or underexposed, Pierson's photographic works convey the feeling of a road movie, linking bleak everyday experiences with sparkling, Hollywoodian twists-a kind of hustler-noir. We see patterns, cityscapes, intimate landscapes, still lifes and portraits, signs, compositions and voyeuristic sensual moments. There are no text pages in this affordable gem, but there are sculptural pieces that read, "Ugly," "Eros," "Me, me, me, me," "Blood," "Roses," "Stay," "Desire," "Hell," "Lost," "Paradise," "Actress," "Bastards," "Boredom," "Sorrow" and "Betrayal."Jack Pierson was born in Plymouth, Massachusettes in 1960. His work was inlcuded in the 2004 Whitney Biennial, and is held in such important American collections as the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago; the Guggenheim and Metropolitan museums in New York; the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles; and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, among many others. Pierson lives in Southern California and New York.… (more)
Recently added byjohnamacmahon, richnyc, Jimlewis99

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,171,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible