Sooley

by John Grisham

4152048,192 (3.73)3

Mom bought this for me when I promoted to Major in October 2021. I read this almost right away after and really enjoyed it. It was the first novel I had read in a long time. The best part of reading it was being able to talk through it with my mom after I was done and compare notes. A lot of it was tied to real places and real people in college basketball which helped make it more interesting. Very easy and quick read that is different than all of Grisham's other books which made it even more enjoyable. I loaned this book to Daryl and he read it by the time we saw him for Thanksgiving and returned it. A basketball coach in Michigan City that visits my mom's library gave her a fist bump for recommending this book to him.
  SDWets | Jan 14, 2022 |
South Sudan civil war and the daily fear of rebels taking young men and killing and destroying villages comes to Samuels village when he was in Florida as a hopeful high school basketball player. Story cuts back and forth between Samuel searching online for his family and his mother and two younger sons ultimately finding a refugee camp. ( )
  bblum | Nov 20, 2021 |
Library E book borrowed Nov. 11th. WOW! What a pleasant surprise. A great read! ( )
  MustangGuy | Nov 11, 2021 |
I haven't read John Grisham in awhile and I am definitely not a basketball fan. Well, I absolutely loved this book!! I literally stayed awake last night until 2:00 am to finish it! ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Nov 4, 2021 |
A good story of a Sudanese teen who becomes a US basketball star. Good Grisham writing, but since I know zip about basketball, the sports parts were wasted on me. The parts of living in a refugee camp, etc., was eye opening. ( )
  LivelyLady | Oct 6, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,905,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible