The Feeling Of Falling In Love

by Mason Deaver

"Just days before spring break, Neil Kearney is set to fly across the country with his childhood friend (and current friend with benefits) Josh to attend his brother's wedding. Then Josh tells Neil that he's in love with him. With Josh still attending the wedding, Neil needs to find a new date to bring along. Almost against his will, he drafts his horrible roommate, Wyatt. At first, Wyatt (correctly) thinks Neil is acting like a jerk. but when they get to Los Angeles, Wyatt sees a little more of where it's coming from. Slowly, Neil and Wyatt begin to understand each other . . . and maybe, just maybe, fall in love for the first time"--Adapted from publisher description.… (more)
Florida (193)

I really enjoyed this novel. Neil was insufferable at the start, but I liked his growth. There were moments where I thought he was going to be on the ace spectrum, demi or something, which would've been cool but didn't happen. I was a little surprised that the main characters were high schoolers instead of college kids, but that does align with Deaver's previous books. Speaking of Deaver, I adore their writing style, and it shines in this book. Overall, this book was quite enjoyable. ( )
  BarnesBookshelf | Jun 7, 2024 |
i devoured this book and consider me officially a Mason Deaver stan! they made me fall in love with with this story and touched my heart in so many ways. we. love. flawed. characters! The Feeling of Falling in Love is a story about a boy who’s been through a lot and slowly realizes that it’s okay to let people in and live and fall in love despite the hurt it might cause in the future. it’s beautiful and heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time and after finishing it i smiled so big ( )
  Ellen-Simon | Dec 21, 2023 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,025,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible