The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

The Love Hypothesis (edition 2021)

by Ali Hazelwood (Author)

Member:ericagraphman
Title:The Love Hypothesis
Authors:Ali Hazelwood (Author)
Info:Berkley (2021), 384 pages
Rating:*****

The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

Recently added byddzmini, YvaxSP, KRL9193, rhfoesch, private library, whitreidtan, booked_ambivert, timspalding, kleehart1, bookwyrmqueen
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding

I hesitated to start reading The Love Hypothesis because it has been SO hyped! I am happy to say that it lived up to the hype for me. I thought the academia setting was different than most contemporary romances out there. I also loved that it was male love interest, Adam, who was the one pining away for years. It was the right amount of slow burn. One chapter of steaminess that can be skipped and not take away from the overall story. So I wouldn't categorize this as a "clean" romance. I was pleasantly surprised with Ali Hazelwood's first book and look forward to her next. ( )
  sdbookhound | Oct 27, 2021 |
I really liked this book! Adam is one of the best book bf’s out there!! And Olive is such a unique character. The story was such a different idea. It kept me interested in the book throughout the time I read it! The smut was also really good! And HOT. The reason I took a star off was cause it wasn’t as good as my 5 star ones, and I couldn’t put them on the same tier. Amazing book though! Wish there was more smut ( )
  Fehime | Oct 24, 2021 |
“I'm starting to wonder if this is what being in love is. Being okay with ripping yourself to shreds, so the other person can stay whole.”

Did I pick this book up because of BookTok? Yes.

Did I enjoy every single minute of it? Also, yes.

I love books where I can relate to the characters: whether it be the adorkable main character who finds herself in awkward situations and is somehow able to make them more awkward or the 'antagonistic', 'unapproachable' and moody love interest.

I also really loved Olive's little hypotheses at the beginning of each chapter.

I now kindly request this entire book from Adam's POV (ASAP). (But I guess I will have to settle for the chapter 16 bonus scene that Ali Hazelwood wrote.) ( )
  thinktink93 | Oct 24, 2021 |
I tore through this. I work in a graduate research institution focused on things STEM (I know only law and policy, but I am surrounded by brilliant scientists and technologists) so it was particularly fun for me to read a romance set in that world. That said, even if this were not my life, I would have loved this. Adam and Olive are wonderful characters, as are their friends. The women support one another, people are friends with people of all genders and sexual orientations, and the good men in this book do not question that the women scientists are scientists whose work is exactly as important or unimportant as the work of male scientists. It is really nice.

The romance is very warm and fuzzy. Adam is an excellent book boyfriend in almost every way. The only problem in the book is that the "I can't tell him/her how I really feel" went on way too long. It went on when any sentient person, no matter how insecure and inexperienced, would have known the other person was into them. It was unnecessary and frustrating and not in a good frustrating way that just amps up your longing for the HEA, but in the "really? haven't we already done this?" sort of way. Overall still really dreamy, well written, and satisfying. I have been on a good reading tear across genres for more than a month and this one is definitely on the good reads (to be distinguished from goodreads) list. ( )
  Narshkite | Oct 23, 2021 |
There were a few things I didn't love about this book—it's steamier than I'd like, and I hate it when writers make their protagonists unrealistically obtuse for the sake of plot/tension.

But I love the fake dating rom-com trope, so this really was a fun read. I liked the academic backdrop, too. This was a much needed palate cleanser. ( )
  AngelClaw | Sep 23, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,464,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible