When Sparks Fly by Helena Hunting

When Sparks Fly (edition 2021)

by Helena Hunting (Author)

Member:grgriffin
Title:When Sparks Fly
Authors:Helena Hunting (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2021), 320 pages

Work Information

When Sparks Fly by Helena Hunting

Avery Spark and Declan McCormick have been best friends and roommates for years, but when Avery is in a serious car accident, Declan becomes her caregiver and more. As Avery begins to heal, she and Declan become closer until their friendship turns into something deeper, but both of them have things in their pasts that could permanently destroy their relationship.

When Sparks Fly is a fairly simple story about two friends who try to take their relationship to another level and fail. Frankly, it seems to me that the problems in being together are probably more than any relationship could tolerate. Avery and Declan are likable characters, but they both make so many quick decisions without thinking that I'm not sure that they deserve to forgive each other. The build up to the bedroom episodes is very good, but, in the end, the execution leaves something to be desired. However, there are some very tender scenes in the book that make it worth the read. Overall, When Sparks Fly is a disappointing effort from Helena Hunting, who is one of my favorite authors. ( )
  ftbooklover | Jan 15, 2022 |
A lovely friends to lovers. CW for car accident (on the page) and parent death (off the page) ( )
  Musscle | Jan 12, 2022 |
4-4.5 stars ( )
  JCGirl | Nov 18, 2021 |
4-4.5 stars ( )
  JCGirl | Nov 18, 2021 |
I am posting an honest review after reading an advance reader copy (ARC) of this story.

I am on the fence about this story. I came to care about the characters almost halfway through. For people approaching 30 Avery & Declan lived like they were still in a college dorm, frat house mentality. I found it annoying. They're both very messed up about relationships, due to parents, friends and cheating partners. Declan is so afraid of turning out like his parents that he becomes a one-night-stand guy. Ugh. They redeemed themselves by the end so there is a HEA. My disinterest in the main characters is the reason I've given only 3 stars.

#HelenaHunting #WhenSparksFly #StMartin'sGriffin #contemparyromance #friendtolover ( )
  FDarlene491 | Oct 10, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,980,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible