Freshwater Aquariums For Dummies by Maddy…

Freshwater Aquariums For Dummies

by Maddy Hargrove, Mic Hargrove

"Setting up your first freshwater aquarium can be a daunting task. This friendly guide answers all your questions, from setting up your tank and selecting fish to the water, chemicals, plants, and much more. There's also expanded guidance on combining different species of fish, maintaining a tank, cleaning gravel, and dealing with common problems such a algae" --Cover, p. 4.… (more)

A nice simple resource for fresh water aquariums. Illustrations are eithe b&w photos or pen renderings. Nothing exciting, but good simple advice. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Oct 21, 2016 |
FRESHWATER AQUARIUMS FOR DUMMIES BY MADDY HARDGROVE might not have a current publication day (2006) but it is still the best fish book I've read so far. I am returning into the world of freshwater aquariums after about a ten year hiatus and needed a refresher course on keeping freshwater fish & the aquariums they live in . I have always been a big fan of the "dummies" series because the experts who write them get down on my level using little technical terms and lots of one syllable words that I can understand. This book is not only good for people like me returning to the fishy world by newbies & even experienced people can maybe learn a thing or two from it. One good thing about the book is you dont need to read it all you can skip chapters that are not needed & the information keeps coming and coming . Well worth the cost this one is going in my shelf of reference for when I and my finny friends need a little advice. ( )
  DDJTJ1 | Aug 10, 2016 |
A solid, reasonably comprehensive introduction from a series I have come to distrust. The copy editor, however (if indeed there was one) should be eviscerated. ( )
  tungsten_peerts | May 23, 2012 |
This reference is well organized and covers all important topics to get a novice successfully going with a good aquarium. The information is detailed enough to help moderate to advanced aquarium keepers in solving specific problems or in improving thier aquariums and techniques.

I recommend this book as a general reference and troubleshooter for all aquarium owners. ( )
  billsearth | May 30, 2011 |
This is a great reference book for learning how to set up a freshwater aquarium and how to maintain it. It tells how to select fish and plants for your aquarium and how to spot diseases for both. They go over medications and other chemicals for the aquarium. It is all very easy to read and understand although the editor should be fired. There are several typos, two on the very first page! All in all though, it is a good book to keep on hand for reference. ( )
  donnabug | Sep 24, 2009 |

Maddy Hargroveprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hargrove, Micmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,719,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible