How Did I Get Here?: Finding Your Way Back to God When Everything is…

by Christine Caine

1121,447,673 (5)None

It's been awhile since a book has convicted me like How Did I Get Here?, leaving me thinking about my own spiritual walk and if I am currently drifting. I have been feeling stagnant in my faith for awhile, almost to the point that I'm starting to not even go through the motions anymore, but reading this book lit something inside me, and I felt a spark I haven't felt in a long time...hope.

While I know that change isn't going to happen overnight, my heart is again full of hope, and I have to thank God for using this amazingly deep and raw resource to start to move the stagnant waters of my heart, and help me learn how to once again drop my anchor.

Christine Caine also found herself in uncharted waters, and in one moment, after much soul searching, she realized that she had unknowingly drifted, and this is where me, and many I've spoken to, especially since the pandemic, have also found themselves. How Did I Get Here? is Christine's personal story, and an invitation for the reader to join her on her journey as she checks each spiritual "link" one by one, prompting the reader to do the same, each link leading to the anchor of Jesus.

Filled with both heart and gospel, and chock full of Biblical references, and real talk, this resource not only gives sound doctrine to each point that is made, but it also urges you to dive deeper in study on your own, something I very much appreciated.

How Did I Get Here? is such a rich reference that I am already going back and doing a deeper study on my own. I can see that God is using this resource to reach me, and I can see this publication being a game changer for many. ( )
  cflores0420 | Jun 15, 2021 |
I was encouraged by this authors’ transparent approach in her writing style. The author shows readers that they are not the only one drifting, trying to get anchored again, she offers help in re-setting their markers after everything shifted in a big way in 2020. I like how this author addresses the fact that we all experienced something historic this past year and with its many challenges in make sense out of everyday life.

It is like we have come up for air and are trying to see clearly the way to go in order to get connected to our anchor Jesus, again. The author begins by sharing where she is at and how Navy SEALs go through horrific training and can ring a bell at any time to stop the process, and the pain. No questions asked. The author says that she has felt like ringing the bell in her personal life, saying Father I’ve had enough. It is in times like these He asks us to press into Him for our courage, strength, and wisdom. She says, “If Jesus could endure his entire race, then I know that we can, too, and not just because he became fully man and demonstrated it for us – but because we are filled with the Holy Spirit! We are filled with the power to press on!”

I liked all the examples the author shows (through personal experience and other examples from the bible with scripture references) The author shows that it is all the little things we do that make us drift off course and lose sight of keeping the main thing the main thing.

This is the first book I have read by this author it will not be the last. This book is a keeper and one I look forward to reading again as I look up all the bible references and soak all of it in.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have received a complimentary copy of this book by the publisher through NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!
The Book Club Network blog www.bookfun.org ( )
  norastlaurent | Mar 11, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,129,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible