Wait for Me by Marguerite Martin Gray

Wait for Me (edition 2021)

by Marguerite Martin Gray (Author)

442,817,266 (5)None
Member:PattiPeanut1992
Title:Wait for Me
Authors:Marguerite Martin Gray (Author)
Info:Celebrate Lit Publishing (2021), 348 pages
Rating:*****

Wait for Me by Marguerite Martin Gray

This book represents the last book in the Revolutionary faith series, and like the previous books in this series, it grabbed my attention. We continue learning about Elizabeth, Louis, their children, and their friends and family along with the war. I loved seeing how Marguerite Martin Gray approached Elizabeth and her family and friends dealt with George, her brother, who took the side of the British during the Revolutionary War.

I loved the mix of historical facts with day-to-day life in Charles Town during the war and the British occupation. My one issue with this book comes from the ending feeling rushed and abrupt compared to the other books. Perhaps because this was the last book, I wanted more. But I have to say the Epilogue helped ease some of those feelings. So if you enjoy historical Christian fiction, check out this book for yourself.

I received a complimentary copy of this book, but this in no way influenced my review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  PattiPeanut1992 | Apr 8, 2021 |
This story is so well written that I felt I was back in the 1780s witnessing a town fighting for freedom. The author has done an astounding job of depicting this time period with facts that paint a picture of a war that took so many. I loved reading how a town banded together to stand up to their enemy. The faith in the story flows so gracefully as we see characters trusting God to keep them safe.

It was intriguing to learn that some family members were in a secret mission. It was dangerous work and at anytime their life could be in peril. Each character brought something to the story that fit like a puzzle piece. I adored Elizabeth and her strength to keep those she loved safe. I can’t imagine what it would be like to have to hide in a basement praying that you would not be found.

I’m sad that this is the last in the series. I have come to love the history lessons and read about familiar people that graced history books. There are moments in the story that I held my breath as cannons shot off into the sky and bullets flashed by aiming for its mark. The author delivers a wonderful and emotional look at trusting God and standing in faith in the face of crisis.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Apr 4, 2021 |
Wait for me, by Marguerite Martin Gray is the fifth book in the Revolutionary Faith Series. In this story we follow along with the Louis Lestarjette family and see how they deal with the various situations that surround the war. The fear they have of the soldiers, fear for their family’s safety, and continuing with their daily lives.

This is a series that continues through with the story line and characters, so it should be read in order. This is the first book I have read and I did have a little trouble getting into the story. But after reading for a while I was able to follow along nicely. This is a well written story that gives a glimpse into what it may have been like to have lived during that time in our history. It is evident the author has done research to write this story. For anyone who enjoys reading stories based on our country’s history, this would be a good series to read.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. This is my honest review. ( )
  eccl | Mar 24, 2021 |
How do we prepare for the worst when the town is flourishing?

It’s 1977 and Charles Town, SC is flourishing with the battle for independence happening all around them. Is this the calm before the storm? Elizabeth, Louis and their family and friends continue to prepare but enjoy life as well. Babies are born, children continue to grow and they wait....

Surrender. Defeat. But alive with hope! The siege begins and the town is taken. However, ‘the liberty tree may have been cut down, but the roots of the tree are thriving in our hearts.’ This is the hope the town hangs onto. Spies, imprisonments, escapes and more. I have learned so much more about the Revolutionary War and how it affected one town, Charles Town. One has to wonder if we still have that root of the liberty tree in our hearts....

This ARC of Revolutionary Faith book Five was received through CelebrateLit. The impressions and comments given are my own and were in no way solicited. ( )
  Eamace | Mar 21, 2021 |

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,238,245 books! | Top bar: Always visible