Change of Command by Elizabeth Moon

Change of Command (edition 2000)

by Elizabeth Moon

Series: The Serrano Legacy (6)

The continuing saga of a dictatorial family in space. They are the Familias Regnant and they must handle a riot on a prison planet, a controversy over rejuvenating drugs with nasty side effects, and the murder of one of their members.
Member:KnightElite
Title:Change of Command
Authors:Elizabeth Moon
Info:Baen (2000), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

Change of Command by Elizabeth Moon

I am a big fan of fantasy and science fiction novels especially if they are long and have several books in the series. I really enjoy a series of books that I can immerse myself in and I first picked up an Elizabeth Moon novel because it was long and part of a multi-novel series. I continue to read her books because I find them engrossing and highly enjoyable. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
See book 7, Against the Odds
  Maddz | May 2, 2021 |
Several substories, a plentitude of characters, and it's easy to become all confused about who is who and what story is currently going on. The individual stories are interesting though and the book is well written and it's easy to just keep going. Still, it's a bit of a mess.

Then we have the end, and it's not enough of an end. Was this and the next book supposed to be one book and it was split up for some reason?

Not much at all about Heris Serano and Lady Cecilia, the characters that made the first couple of books so good. And not much of Esmay Suiza, the character that made book 4 so interesting. Instead it's a mix of lots of characters, few of them interesting in themselves.

And a bit of deus ex machina to kill off a few of the unfinished stories. Also to be able to split a longer book into two?
  bratell | Dec 25, 2020 |
This is the next to last book in this series. I liked all the others but this one was awful. It constantly cut from one short scene to another in (at least in this book) unrelated scenarios. Very choppy. The mutiny story mechanics were boring. I barely made it through this book and the effort I put into it better pay off in this the last book in the series. I'll get that one from the library also. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Apr 4, 2016 |
baen ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

Elizabeth Moonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gambino, FredCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruddell,GaryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Castle Rock Newscast: "Today the Speaker of the Table of Ministers and the Grand Council of the Famillas Regnant was assassinated while en route from the shuttle port to the Palace. His close friend and legal adviser, Kevil Mahoney, was seriously injured and is now undergoing emergency treatment in a secure medical facility.
Three security personnel also died. Speaker Thornbuckle's youngest daughter, traveling in a separate conveyance, was not injured, but is now in protective custody...
For Susie and John Neary,
for all the years of friendship.
Kevil was aware of distrubing dreams, and tried to fight his way to consciousness.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,620,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible