The Spinster Sisters by Stacey Ballis

The Spinster Sisters (edition 2007)

by Stacey Ballis

Member:mooganator
Title:The Spinster Sisters
Authors:Stacey Ballis
Info:Berkley Trade (2007), Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:****1/2

The Spinster Sisters by Stacey Ballis

I liked this book. I knew what kind of book it was going in - I've read Stacey Ballis before. Light-hearted, funny and chick-lit. It's the kind of book I needed for this week and Ballis didn't disappoint. ( )
  deb.d | Jun 13, 2019 |
  deb.d | Jun 13, 2019 |
Sisters Jill and Jodi were raised by their unmarried aunts. They're aunts are very inspirational to them (and great characters in the book). The girls grew up knowing that they could be strong, take care of themselves and find happiness in life whether they were single or not.

Jodi got married right out of college and divorced shortly afterwards. Between this and her aunts, she has been inspired to write about the single life. Jodi and Jill soon build an empire on the concept of a full life as a happily single woman. They have books and a radio show. They're doing quite well for themselves and while they're not exactly saying that they encourage staying single, a lot of their fans (and critics) see that as the takeaway. They do call themselves the spinster sisters after all.

The book begins with Jill's engagement.
She's very happy about it but Jodi sees the chance that her sister getting married could screw to the whole message of spinster sisters. She's happy for Jodi, but scared for their business.

It doesn't take long before the critics join in, some fans are upset, didn't Spinster Sisters tell them it was better to be single they ask.
Critics call them hypocrites.

And during this time, Jodi is juggling three different men and some drama from an ex.

I liked the characters and the style of writing.
I also thought the aunts were great. I think they were the best characters. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
  deb115 | Apr 26, 2018 |
After their parents die, Jodi and Jill Spingold are raised by their spinster aunts. Jodi is a divorcee and Jill becomes engaged which both seem to conflict with the sisters business of teaching women to be independent. The business is threatened when Jill becomes engaged and Jodi's ex-husband's new girlfriend decides she wants a piece of their business for herself. At the same time, Jodi is realizing that she has unexpected feelings for one of the three men that she is dating. This book is funny and contains surprisingly good advice for women in relationships. ( )
  su_library_student | Jun 30, 2009 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:04 -0400)

Jodi and Jill Spingold are the Spinster Sisters. With a radio show, speaking engagements, DVDs, and two bestselling books, they've built a thriving cottage industry helping other single women find happiness. Their futures have never been brighter-until Jill turns out the lights on Jodi by announcing her engagement. Jodi is stunned. How can they be the Spinster Sisters if one of them is married? Complicating things is her own love life, involving three vastly different paramours offering three different kinds of happiness-none of which Jodi is sure she wants. And her ex-husband, backed by his lawyer girlfriend, may be angling for a piece of the Spinster Sisters empire. Now, Jodi must make some tough decisions, keep the business afloat, and get to the altar to stand by her sister-even if means that from now on she'll be single all by herself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,731,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible