Booklover

by J.E. Birk

Series: Vino and Veritas (6), World of True North (6)

Fiction. Romance. LGBTQIA+ (Fiction.) Two guys meet over a stack of romance novels. Soon they're turning pages late into the night . . . Jamie Morin's college GPA drops every time a cow breaks through a fence, but he's determined to get his degree and keep his parents' Vermont dairy farm afloat. He'd rather be reading than milking, but he can't let his family down . . . not the way his brother did. So the last thing he needs is distraction in the form of an irresistible bookseller with a mysterious backstory. Briar Nord has a lifetime of experience proving that happily-ever-afters only happen in his favorite books. But his luck might be changing. He's got a great job at a bookstore, and he lives in a city that puts maple syrup on everything. But Briar knows not to trust anything or anyone. And that includes a gorgeous farm boy with soulful eyes and too many obligations. When Jamie joins Briar's romance novel book club, they both feel an instant connection. Soon they're turning pages long into the night. But Briar's past was bound to catch up with him. Sometimes, though, it takes two heroes to write a new ending . . . Contains mature themes.… (more)

Briar and Jamie and well booklovers! It's kinda in the title why I'd enjoy this book lol it's why we all read.

I missed a couple before I read this one but don't feel like I missed anything although I will go back and read them now.

This is first book for me by this author and I enjoyed the writing and telling of Briar and Jamie's story. One so busy one new to town and tbh who wouldn't love to meet their partner in a bookstore with cheese! :) ( )
  SharingTheBookLove | Nov 2, 2023 |
2.5 rounded up to 3 stars. For a long while I was leaning toward 2 stars, I just wasn't invested in the characters and it seemed like their problems mostly stemmed from their own inaction. But I ended up enjoying the end a bit more, so I'm going to round up. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Jul 21, 2023 |
Briar Nord moves to a new town to work in a bookshop - it's his big break to make something of his disadvantaged life. He meets Jamie Morin who is in college with the aim of being a librarian. He joins the romance bookclub that Briar has started. So you see, this is a sweet as pie story between two young men who find they click, but they face challenges, extricating themselves from their old lives. ( )
  Okies | Mar 14, 2023 |
I felt sorry Briar. He tried to tie his families dairy farm, his college classes, and his job in the bookstore together and still have time to be a decent boyfriend to Jamie Morin. Jamie and Briar met in the bookstore at the romance book club that Jamie started. They were perfect for one another even though their plans often got waylaid by cow that escaped the broken fence or something else that his father thought he should drop his life for and come help to fix. Jamie had spent a great many years of his life in the system going from one foster system to another. One of the boys he met in the system was destined even in his early years for a long stay in prison and he always talked Jamie who was desperate for a friend, to help him pull off small thefts. When Jamie moved to Vermont, he thought he had lost contact for good. No such luck. Now he's back and he wants Jamie to help him rob the bookstore. The story is emotional and lighthearted at times while being frustrating and heartbreaking in the next instance. The chemistry between Jamie and Briar is fantastic. ( )
  Carol420 | Jan 7, 2023 |
I can't say why this book is a 2,5-3 stars, but I couldn't love it as much as I wish I had.
I liked that the previous characters were more than just a mention in this book, and I thought the couple really cute, but nothing catch me as much as the previous vinos and veritas books ( )
  Tratiezone | Nov 8, 2022 |

J.E. Birkprimary authorall editionscalculated
North, CooperNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Paige, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Mom

Thanks for being my 4 a.m. milking partner and for gifting me your love of the romance genre. I hope this book makes you proud.
(P.S. You can skip the sex scenes if you want.)
"I can't be... who you need me to be," Raya whispered. Her voice traced and etched lines in my chest, as though her words were carving holes into my heart.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,896,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible