An Uncommon Earl

by Siân Ann Bessey

Series: Georgian Gentlemen (2)

822,005,474 (4.75)None

An Uncommon Earl is a jewel. It is a rare find that you want to enjoy every moment that it lasts. Sian Ann Bessey has a writing style that pulls me into the story and creates characters that I love.

The Earl of Bloxley is an "uncommon" Earl. He actually cares about the less fortunate and will do all that he can to be an advocate for them. His determination to fulfill a dying flower girl's request and make conditions safer for young workers is admirable.

Jane Hadford is his confidant as well as his fellow sleuth. They are on the hunt for a small boy who was given up to a foundling home. Their compassion drew me to them and sweetened the story for me.

This book has many things to recommend it. It is a good clean romance with elements of a mystery. It's a story of unconditional love and acceptance of others who may be different or less fortunate. The characters are well developed and the pacing was wonderful. The book will leave you feeling good and with hope for a better world.

Source: I received a complimentary copy. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. ( )
  Bookworm_Lisa | Apr 27, 2021 |
Be prepared to fall in love with the uncommon Earl, Alexander Allerton, in Sian Ann Bessey’s newest historical fiction book. He is a champion for the less fortunate of England, and is a courageous, compassionate, and exceptional hero. Jane Hadford is reserved, observant, lovely, and because of an unfortunate accident, used to being ignored socially. The relationship between these two is dynamic, and I enjoyed seeing it change and grow.

I quickly became invested in this story. With a richly painted setting and characters that are layered, engaging, and colorful, it was easy to transport myself into the tale. Bessey has quickly become one of my favorite authors for historical fiction. She is a master at meshing actual historical details with a fictional story. I enjoyed learning more about this slice of the history of England while reading it. I’m looking forward to reading more of her books.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy from Covenant Communications. All opinions are my own. ( )
  swissgranny | Apr 5, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,159,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible