Whole Brain Living: The Anatomy of Choice…

Whole Brain Living: The Anatomy of Choice and the Four Characters That Drive Our Life (edition 2021)

by Jill Bolte Taylor (Author)

"At age 37, Harvard neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor suffered a massive left-hemisphere stroke that took away her ability to speak, walk, read, write, or remember any of her life-and gave her an unprecedented, profound experience of dwelling in the right hemisphere and the sense of oneness and peace to be found there. Her recovery led to her writing the New York Times bestseller My Stroke of Insight, being named one of Time Magazine's Most Influential People in the world, and delivering one of the top talks of all time at the world renowned TED conference. Dr. Jill closed her famous TED talk by stating that we have the power to choose, moment by moment, who and how we want to be in the world. Since she uttered those words in 2008, she has received hundreds of thousands of emails from people all around the world asking for a specific set of directions on how they too can choose a peaceful mind-set in a world where politics, relationships, and life in general spiral into an uncomfortable state of chaos"--… (more)
Member:WilliamThomasWells
Title:Whole Brain Living: The Anatomy of Choice and the Four Characters That Drive Our Life
Authors:Jill Bolte Taylor (Author)
Info:Hay House Inc. (2021), 291 pages

Work Information

Whole Brain Living: The Anatomy of Choice and the Four Characters That Drive Our Life by Jill Bolte Taylor

This was a great read whcihI learned of the left and right side of the brain. The writer had her left side of the brain destroyed which took 10 years to recover which her right side worked. The right side of brain is the left hand side which sees color and beauty. She talks about how she recovers and had to relearn everything a new. This was a huge journey.. the left side of brain is logic and pragmatic stuff which we must know we are using two hemispheres and they are working as one unite. Great read.. ( )
  fxm65 | Apr 4, 2022 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,143,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible