Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3) by…

Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (3)

8,121241906 (3.97)304
Harry Dresden investigates a fellow magic user whose meddling in the spirit world results in ghosts wreaking havoc in Chicago.
Member:DisquietNight
Title:Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 378 pages

Work Information

Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

English (232)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  Piratical (1)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (237)
Excellent book. Well written, fascinating, and definitely keeps you turning the pages! This book also introduces two of the most fascinating characters of the series! ( )
  Anniik | Nov 26, 2022 |
Grave Peril has redeemed The Dresden Files series for me. Vampires are typically one of my least favorite creatures but I still enjoyed this immensely. The addition of new characters into the plot was fantastic and I hope they stick around. ( )
  NicholeReadsWithCats | Jun 17, 2022 |
The third book, and another interesting fantasy. This one was a little more intense and violent, but still a good read. ( )
  Wren73 | Mar 4, 2022 |
This book made my travels a thousand times better. I cried and shouted silently while people slept on the road. I looked like a crazy person thanks to this rollercoaster of a story. I can't wait to look like a crazy person with the next one. ( )
  Nannus | Jan 17, 2022 |
So, we had reached a nice place with Harry, I actually liked this story. Might be because I really really like Michael. ( )
  MissAlandra | Jan 17, 2022 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are reasons I hate to drive fast.
I felt uncomfortable, approaching the church -- not for any weirdo quasi-mystical reason. Just because I'd never been comfortable with churches in general. The Church had killed a lot of wizards in its day, believing them in league with Satan. It felt strange to be just strolling up on business. Hi, God, it's me, Harry. Please don't turn me into a pillar of salt. (chapter 9)
Thaumaturgy is traditional magic, all about drawing symbolic links between items or people then investing energy to get the effect that you want. You can do a lot with thaumaturgy, provided you have enough time to plan things out, and more time to prepare a ritual, the symbolic objects, and the magical circle.
I've yet to meet a slobbering monster polite enough to wait for me to finish. (Harry, chapter 16)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,209,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible