The world's design (1938)

by Salvador de Madariaga

1None6,448,862NoneNone
Recently added byLlyfryddwr

No reviews
[None]
To A. B.
This is no improvization.

Preface.
Man, born in the midst of plenty, groans everywhere in dire want.

Introduction.
It often happens that on hearing a statement we immediately pronounce it mistaken; and then it takes us perhaps five minutes, perhaps five hours, perhaps five days, to find out why it was mistaken; but that instinct which immediately pronounced the statement a mistake is found to be correct.

Chapter I. The world is in chaos - but we see chaos as the world.
"Thinking," said Anatole France, "is a disease fortunately rare amongst men." Of this cynical witticism, let us retain the kernal of truth. Few men think out their own ideas. Most men pick up, right and left, the handful of opinions which they need for daily use - ready-made, canned thought which has lost all trace of spiritual vitamins. (Chapter II).

Average: No ratings.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,377,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible