The Holiday Swap

by Maggie Knox

I found this more stressful than cute, at least at first. Granted, I had a stressful week and that feeling probably leaked into what is usually a stress-relieving activity (aka, reading). And once the truth came out and things got less stressful it got way cheesier, which wasn't really better. ( )
  AngelClaw | Dec 18, 2021 |
"Time heals all things. If time fails, try cake."

I was promised a cheesy hallmark Christmas story and that is exactly what I got.

Super cute and fluffy. ( )
  thinktink93 | Dec 18, 2021 |
dnf

I was bored at the start and don't think that it will improve from there ( )
  VeraBkLover | Dec 18, 2021 |
Received an Arc from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a very cute romance book and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is ready to kick start their holiday season. It felt like a Hallmark movie unfolding on the page.

This isn't an original idea but it is one that I enjoy. Swapping lives to help out a loved one sounds like it would be a fun escape for a while but just because you look alike it does not make it easy to traverse that person's life personally or professionally.

This was a very clean romance, which I found to be refreshing, and would have no problem recommending this to several different age groups. ( )
  HarleyGambit | Nov 25, 2021 |
Fluffy, cute, and full of holiday sappiness. Like Hallmark Christmas movies everything is wrapped up nicely in the end and all are happy. Two identical twins are in a bit of pickle. Chef Charlie Goodwin gets a concussion on the set of a baking show she co-hosts and she loses her ability to taste and smell. She'll never be able to pull off the rest of the holiday bake off and she needs to do good so that she gets chosen to be the host of a new baking show. Meanwhile her twin is in their hometown of Starlight Peak and has had enough of her long term boyfriend. Things haven't been going right for a while and she's ready to break it off, the only problem is he won't take a hint. The twins decide to switch lives to escape their problems. The only problem is they aren't in high school and the stakes are much higher now. What happens when they each find romance in their switched lives. Are they making more of a mess of things. Cute, predictable and fun. would make a great Hallmark movie. ( )
  ecataldi | Oct 25, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,131,626 books! | Top bar: Always visible