HomeGroupsTalkExplore

A Memory of Murder (2021)

by Nichelle Seely

512,741,345 (5)None
In present-day Astoria, Oregon, ex-detective Audrey Lake has come to claim a legacy: a rickety hundred -year-old house left to her by her aunt. In this fog-shrouded town, no one knows her past or who she is and she wants to keep it that way. Audrey has recently been released from a hospital psych ward after experiencing a series of hallucinations. The visions disrupted her undercover assignment and destroyed her career with the Denver Police Department, and she can't shake the secondary identity that manifests as an intrusive voice in her head. While walking by the river, Audrey is overcome by the experience of a woman being attacked and thrown into the water to drown. Convinced that her vision is of an actual event, Audrey sets out to uncover the crime, catch a killer, and prove to herself she is not psychotic. But she comes into conflict with local police who have already dubbed this case an accident. As she closes in on the killer, he defends himself in the way he knows best: by committing another murder.… (more)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading A Memory of Murder. The authenticity of the characters made me feel truly invested in what was happening to them. And the sense of place engaged all of my senses and made me feel like I was right there in the scene myself. I would love to read more mysteries with detective Audrey Lake. ( )
  alhall | Sep 28, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

For Aaron, the love of my life.
My gun is in my right hand, the butt gripped securely and the safety off as I turn the key in the lock to my inheritance.

Nichelle Seely is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,907,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible