A Ring Bear? by Christy Brown

A Ring Bear? (edition 2021)

by Christy Brown (Author)

842,155,751 (4.6)None
In this story, a little boy is easily confused when he is asked to be a ring bearer in his aunt's wedding. To the little boy, all he hears are the words, a ring bear: which causes him to question his role in the wedding. This book steps inside the imagination of a little boy as he goes on a journey to find the true meaning of what it takes to be a ring bearer. This makes a great gift for any child asked to be a ring bearer in an upcoming wedding.… (more)
Member:Fei999799
Tags:Fun story for kids

Work Information

A Ring Bear? by Christy Brown

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Absolutely adorable storyline and nice illustrations. ( )
  dlathrop | Nov 15, 2022 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Children comprehend and process words and concepts differently than adults. In the Ring Bear we have a sweet little boy whose aunt is getting married and wants her nephew to the ring bearer. He hears "ring bear" and can't figure out exactly what his aunt wants. He and his young sister do their best to figure this out. Mom clears up the issue and explains the special role he will play in the wedding.

Great, comic-style illustrations, and simple enough that kids will really enjoy hearing the language.
  shutch | Sep 21, 2022 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was a cute read! I would definitely read this book to any little boy asked to be the ring bearer at a wedding. The mix up of ringbearer vs ring bear actually happened in my family. Our solution was to let my nephew wear some cute bear ears with his suit as he walked the rings down the isle. ( )
  akeverl | Jul 23, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Its an extremely well written and illustrated book and I loved reading it. I am eagerly waiting to read it to my son. Its hilarious, it's imaginative, it cute and at the same time sweet. ( )
  deepikapachisia | Jul 22, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It is a fun story about 'A ring bear'. The misunderstanding of the ring bearer resulted in an interesting story. I am inspired by the mother's reflection towards her little boy by explaining the true meaning of his role in a wedding ceremony. I love this book and its insightful communication way between children and parents is impressive! Highly recommended! ( )
  Fei999799 | Jul 15, 2021 |

Christy Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rodriguez, JuanIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Christy Brown's book A Ring Bear? was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,065,327 books! | Top bar: Always visible