The Judge's List: A Novel by John…

The Judge's List: A Novel (edition 2021)

by John Grisham (Author)

Series: The Whistler (2)

Member:losethecovid
Title:The Judge's List: A Novel
Authors:John Grisham (Author)
Info:Doubleday (2021), 368 pages

Work Information

The Judge's List by John Grisham

Title: The Judge’s List (The Whistler #2)
Author: John Grisham
Pages: 368
Year: 2021
Publisher: Doubleday
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
Lacy Stoltz works for the Bureau on Judicial Conduct in the state of Florida. She is the senior lawyer working there because turnover is high. Her office investigates complaints and then decides the next step in the process that includes letting a judge know of the complaint. Lacy is in a relationship with an FBI Agent which may or may not lead to marriage.
Lacy’s life is about to be challenged when she receives a request to meet from a woman who may be filing a very unusual complaint against a sitting judge. When Lacy meets with Jeri, she isn’t quite sure what to expect, but the complaint that a judge is committing murder is the last thing Lacy expected. Jeri has been on the judge’s track for two decades once she realized her father was murdered. As Jeri sets out to look for answers, she uncovers what might possible be a serial killer!
Now the course is set, and Lacy must follow the leads where there is only possible motive and maybes. There is not one shred of physical proof for her or the police to collect and study. The judge is thought to have committed murder over a couple of decades but never has a sitting judge been investigated let alone found guilty of such a heinous crime.
Judge Bannick learns he is being investigated not through Lacy but using his vast resources that are safely hidden away in what he calls “The Vault.” Time is of the essence as the judge feels his craftly constructed world of hidden secrets and crimes is about to be exposed for the world to see.
I read the novel in just a couple days. I was captivated by the hunt of capturing the man responsible for so many deaths. It has been a while since I read a John Grisham novel, and I was hoping this would be equal to his earlier works that I thought were excellent. I wasn’t disappointed. The novel has a strong plot, interesting characters, and suspense from beginning to end. I hope other readers enjoy the book, and I will keep an eye out for future books by Grisham. In the meantime, I plan on going to read about Lacy Stoltz’s adventures in The Whistler.
Note: The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. ( )
  lamb521 | Jan 3, 2022 |
A great story. I thoroughly enjoyed it ( )
  MustangGuy | Dec 29, 2021 |
Not Grisham’s best, but a good story. ( )
  lynngood2 | Dec 26, 2021 |
The judge is a murderer but it has to be proven. How did they do it is the plot. ( )
  pgabj | Dec 23, 2021 |
This was a great book. Lots of action and some very plunky characters. Lacy Stoltz appears again, still at the Florida Bd on Judicial Conduct. She's at a crossroad. Her job isn't a challenge, there is no leadership, and moral is bad. Her life is also at a crossroad, is her relationship going anywhere? Does she want it to? Life is stagnant. Then a mysterious woman contacts her. Jeri Crosby tells an incredible tale, linking a current judge to several killings, serial killings. Despite all the cases being stone cold, and little evidence to link the killings to the judge, Lacy is convinced that Jeri is right, How best to go forward? Read it, it's good! ( )
  cjyap1 | Dec 11, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,261,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible