A Dance with the Fae Prince

by Elise Kova

Series: Married to Magic (2)

1194199,104 (4)1
Cinderella meets THE CRUEL PRINCE in this stand-alone fantasy romance about a human girl and her marriage to the prince of the fae. She knew her hand in marriage would be sold. She had no idea a fae prince was the buyer. Katria swore she'd never fall in love. She's seen what "love" means through the cruelty of her family. So when she's married off to the mysterious Lord Fenwood for a handsome price, all Katria wants is a better life than the one she's leaving. Feelings are off the table. But her new husband makes not falling in love difficult. As their attraction begins to grow, so too do the oddities within her new life: strange rules, screams in the night, and attacks by fae that Katria never thought were real. When she witnesses a ritual not meant for human eyes, Katria finds herself spirited away to the land of Midscape. Surviving the fae wilds as a human is hard enough. Katria must survive as a human who accidently pilfered the magic of ancient kings - magic a bloodthirsty king is ready to kill her for in order to keep his stolen throne - and her new husband is the rightful heir in hiding. The power to save the fae is in her hands. But who will save her from a love she vowed never to feel? A Dance with the Fae Prince is a complete, *stand-alone novel*, inspired by the tales of Psyche and Eros, as well as Cinderella, with a "happily ever after" ending. It's perfect for romantic fantasy readers who enjoyed of A Court of Silver Flames and An Enchantment of Ravens. A Dance with the Fae Prince features a slow-burn romance, swoon-worthy couple, and steaminess that ranges from simmering to sizzling.… (more)

I enjoyed the story. It is a lovely light read with a not-so-complicated plot. ( )
  Aya666 | Aug 12, 2022 |
  Aya666 | Aug 12, 2022 |
4/5

This book successfully brought me out of my reading slump! I wanted an easy romance with some Fae royalty and that’s EXACTLY what I got. Was it perfect? No. Did I love every second? Absolutely.

If you want an easy-read, easy romance book that is a mix of ACOTAR, Cinderella, with some Tangled energy, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU.

I honestly enjoyed this book. The romance gave me what I wanted, but not without being a little TOO much unrealistic in the very beginning. I think it was supposed to be Katria falling in love with Lord Fenwood through their conversations, but the conversations the reader was privy to were...not exactly groundbreaking conversations. So for her to fall so deeply in love with him despite never seeing him or getting a glossed over "we spent time together" was a bit weird. But again, with an easy romance novel with fantasy elements, it didn't bother me because I knew exactly what I was signing up for when I opened this book up. I wanted the easy romance, not a realistic journey to romance.

At times, Katria was a touch annoying with her absolute refusal to love and with how often it was mentioned that her "lie detector" ability "didn't appear" whenever Lord Fenwood spoke to her. Her reasoning to "never fall in love" throughout the whole book didn't make sense to me. When it was finally explained, but it was also so roughly explained to where it didn't make much sense.

But overall, I did enjoy reading this book. It doesn't lie about what it is, an easy romance novel with high fantasy elements with a guaranteed happy ending. The plot was exciting enough to follow, the characters were likable, and the spice was just enough for what I wanted (and needed at the time). This book is such an easy, guilty-pleasure read and an excellent book if this is what you're in the mood for. I sure was. ( )
  ktreads22 | Jul 13, 2022 |
Read in August 2021
Simply WOW! I just couldn't put this book down! The story and characters were well developed and had me rushing to read it until the very end, where I'm unhappy that it was done!

This is somewhere between a mix of ACOTAR, Cinderella, and other stories involving the fae. It had some mystery, lots of action and some deep romance. (But nothing too spicy described so it is good for those who don't want all the extreme details of the romance side of things).

I honestly want to know so much more about these characters and wished that the book was longer because I really got invested in the whole story. The characters were likeable and not (you know, the evil stepmother/evil king) but it really had you rooting for a great outcome.

I cannot wait to see what else comes out of this world! And I'm really hoping to, one day, see more of these particular characters! ( )
  Kristyn44 | Aug 5, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

For everyone who stays up late reading books about kissing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,243,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible