Genesis by Walter Brueggemann

Bible, O.T. Commentary
  CPI | Jun 30, 2016 |
Brueggemann is on point and ahead of the curve once again. I really like this commentary. I return to this reference ever so often for nuggets of information. ( )
  galacticus | Jun 8, 2011 |
I give this book 2 1/2 stars not because it is a bad book, but because it does not serve a purpose for me. This book is really geared towards the preacher or teacher looking to use the author's interpretation as a framework for their exposition of Genesis. As I am not a preacher or, formally, a teacher, this book was not worth the time for me to read. I recommend the Word Biblical Commentary by Wenham or the New American Commentary by Matthews instead of this one. ( )
  ntutak | Aug 19, 2006 |

In his clear and readable style Walter Brueggemann presents Genesis as a single book set within the context of the whole of biblical revelation. He sees his task as bringing the text close to the faith and ministry of the church. He interprets Genesis as a proclamation of God's decisive dealing with creation rather than as history of myth. Brueggemann's impressive perspective illuminates the study of the first book of the Bible.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,576,011 books! | Top bar: Always visible