Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem

Systematic Theology (original 1994; edition 1995)

by Wayne Grudem

The Christian church has a long tradition of systematic theology, that is, of studying biblical teaching on centrally important doctrines such as the Word of God, redemption, and Jesus Christ. Wayne Grudem's bestselling Systematic Theology has several distinctive features: A strong emphasis on the scriptural basis for each doctrine Clear writing, with technical terms kept to a minimum A contemporary approach, treating subjects of special interest to the church today A friendly tone, appealing to the emotions and the spirit as well as the intellect Frequent application to life Resources for worship within each chapter   Bibliographies in each chapter that cross-reference subjects to a wide range of other systematic theologies.… (more)
Member:james_gibson
Title:Systematic Theology
Authors:Wayne Grudem
Info:Zondervan (1995), Hardcover
Tags:systematic theology

Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine by Wayne Grudem (1994)

Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (divinepeacelutheran)
    divinepeacelutheran: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

Very informative. A slightly different perspective on reformed theology with a charismatic twist. ( )
  diazc18 | Mar 28, 2020 |
loaned to Miles Calogo Potters house on Wed. 8/28/19 ( )
  Pastor-Clint | Aug 25, 2019 |
This is my go-to source for my questions about the doctrine and teachings in the Bible. Wayne Grudem writes in an easy to understand style and, I think, does a very balanced approach on controversial issues. I have other systematic theology books, but rarely pull them off the self in favor of this one. ( )
  rcalbright | Sep 5, 2017 |
A classic systematic theology text. Very in-depth yet still readable. ( )
1 vote Lenow | Dec 3, 2010 |
I've recommended this book in a general discussion of "Best Books in Systematic Theology": http://douggeivett.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/best-books-in-systematic-theology/ ( )
  RDGlibrary | Nov 28, 2010 |
This book is dedicated to eight people whom God sovereignly brought into my life:

Arden and Jean Grudem, my parents, who taught me to believe the Bible, to trust in God, and to speak and write clearly;

A. Kenneth Ham, my Baptist pastor, who awakened in me a love for systematic theology by teaching a class on Christian doctrine when I was thirteen years old, and who taught me by example to believe every word of Scripture;

Edmund Clowney, John Frame, and Vern Poythress, Westminster Seminary professors and friends, who influenced my theological understanding more than anyone else, and who taught me Reformed theology in humble submission to every word of Scripture;

and Harald Bredesen and John Wimber, pastors and friends, who, more than anyone else, taught me about the power and work of the Holy Spirit.
[Preface] I have not written this book for other teacher of theoloy (though I hope many of them will read it.)
What is systematic theology?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,695,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible