The Traitor

by Abigail Owen

Series: Fire's Edge (5)

214,468,844 (5)None
Recently added bysherry69, moranmc

Whoa…The Prologue grabbed me and the story never let me go! It made me sad and angry and ready to fight.

Rune could fight his thoughts as much as he wants, but when he met Hadyn, he met his match. I quickly fell in love with her sassy attitude. She shows no fear, though he thinks she should. He doesn’t need dragon flames to set her body on fire.

Hadyn had tracked down Rune, and it was luck that she found him when she did. Her parents had told her to RUN to Rune., a rogue black dragon with a bounty on his head. He doesn’t know it, but he has friends and they will need them to rescue her parents from the Alliance.

Rune had been an enforcer for the Alliance, chosen to uphold dragon law. BUT, the laws were breaking down and Rune knew he could no longer continue in the same way. Now, with Hadyn, he will have to make his move.

Abigail Owen’s vivid descriptions of the characters and action, the dragons in flight, almost make my stomach lurch with the twisting and plummeting through the air. The romance is obvious, but that’s okay with me. The dialogues and thoughts are humorous, at times, and I love when danger and humor collide. Makes for some fascinating characters, with well developed personalities. Half the time I am gritting my teeth, the other half I am smiling at their antics.

Cracking up at dialogue like:

“…you’re awful cute when you get all alpha-hole-y.”

“Well, hello there Grumpalumapagus….”

Beware, the sex is fiery hot!

It’s always fun to see how Abigail Owen will take a familiar storyline and add a fresh twist. She gives her characters, at least the spotlighted ones, a happy ever after, but I am still fearing for them. I know it will not be all laughs and fun and games and I know not all of them will survive. That is what I fear the most.

The tears did flow…and flow. The minute I thought they would stop, Abigail Owen put me on pins and needles, showing me no mercy and I LOVE IT! The tears kept flowing and I kept rereading parts…because I have to. More tears…Even though I know, or I think I know how the story will end, she keeps me on my toes and my emotions roiling. This may be my favorite Fire’s Edge book yet.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Traitor by Abigail Owen.