Assassins (Left Behind, Book 6)

by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins

Series: Left Behind (6)

The members of the Tribulation Force face their most dangerous challenges. As international fugitives, they struggle to find supplies for safe houses around the world. In despair over so many lost lives, Rayford Steele and Buck Williams make plans to dethrone Nicolae Carpathia and expose him as the Antichrist. Meanwhile, Carpathia has been busy rebuilding roads, airports, and a cellular/solar satellite phone system--all designed to help him become the supreme ruler of the world. Many believers want him stopped, but who will fulfill Scripture and help bring about the Antichrist's death? A repackage of the sixth book in the New York Timesbest-selling Left Behind series.… (more)

Assassins is the 6th book in the continuing drama of those left behind at the Rapture. Several plot for the privilege of killing the antichrist.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 3, 2021 |
Assassin's (Left Behind #6) / by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins -- Wheaton, IL -- Tyndale House Publishers, c1999. (416 pages) RANGE 9 -- ADULT BOOKS FOR YOUNG ADULTS

SUMMARY: The Tribulation Force hurdles toward the four murders foretold in scriptures. The head of Enigma Babylon One World Faith is in jeopardy, as are the two witnesses at the Wailing Wall as "the due time" approaches. Antichrist himself is prophesied to suffer a lethal head wound. As a supernatural horde of 200 million demonic horseman slay a third of the remaining population, the Tribulation Force prepares for a future as fugitives. Yet another Force member dies, and others join as crisis draw them around the globe. Rayford and the newest member of the Trib Force are attacked by Global Community security guards in America...David maintains precarious surveillance at the GC palace in New Babylon...Mac and his new copilot are attacked on the Condor 216 in Africa...Hattie is imprisoned in Belgium...Rayford walks into a trap in France, narrowly escapes a shooting and GC fighter planes in Al Basrah, and plots his own involvement in the assassination of the Antichrist. Meanwhile several vie for that same "privilege". World history and prophecy collide in Jerusalem at the middle of the Tribulation for the most explosive episode yet of the continuing drama of those left behind. (book jacket)

REVIEW: Another excellent installment in the series....however, I'm reading so fast I can't remember what happens when. All I do know is that we seem to always be having to say goodbye to a friend but then a new one comes along to replace them. It is very realistic to see these characters in the midst of a noble and holy cause backslide like all humans and become selfish, bored, and a little whiny at times.

Even though the book is called ASSASSINS you have to wait almost to the very, very end to find out who kills who. ( )
  pjburnswriter | Aug 7, 2020 |
The series starts going downhill at this point. This is the only series I've read where I actually started to hope that the author would soon kill off the main character (Rayford), because he is so completely obnoxious. At the very least send him off into obscurity and put somebody else in charge. My opinion of the character did not improve for the remainder of the series. ( )
  LoamParticle | Aug 3, 2020 |
It is now thirty-eight months into the Tribulation. Giant horsemen ride the earth, scorching thousands with their fiery wrath. The believers in Christ, finding sanctuary in safe houses, continue to receive spiritual strength from their leader. But one of the faithful, desperate to hasten events, is secretly planning to assassinate the Antichrist, Nicolae Carpathia. ( )
  Gmomaj | Jul 12, 2020 |
I read what I did of this series because it was one of the few books my then-husband would read, and I wanted to be able to discuss books with him. I won't be reading more of these books, or re-reading any of the ones I already read, and reading them didn't help give me and my ex-husband anything interesting to talk about anyway since he didn't want to hear the ways in which my opinion on the series varied from his. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |

Tim LaHayeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jenkins, Jerry B.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Ferrone, RichardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sondericker, JackReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Dr. John F. Walvoord
For more than fifty years,
he has helped keep
the torch of prophecy burning
P R O L O G U E

From Apollyon

A vast network of house churches had sprung up---seemingly spontaneously---with converted Jews, clearly part of the 144.000 witnesses, taking leadership positions.
This is the book. Please do not combine with the Experience in Sound and Drama audio version - an adaption of the book.
Abridged audiobook ISBNs are 0842336826 and 0842319344 and 141432491X.

In the continuing struggle after the Rapture, Rayford Steele and Buck Williams plan to dethrone Nicolae Carpathia and expose him as the Antichrist. LaHaye and Jenkins (Apollyon) build up a plot reminiscent of "Who Shot J.R.?" and leave us hanging after the assassination of Nicolae. Who did it, is he really dead, and when is the next book coming out? As the millennium approaches, so does interest in this series, so don't be "left behind."

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,426,542 books! | Top bar: Always visible