Twisted Games (Twisted, 2) by Ana Huang

Twisted Games (Twisted, 2) (edition 2022)

by Ana Huang (Author)

Series: Twisted (2)

1,779109,611 (4.04)None
Fiction. Romance. Stoic, broody, and arrogant, elite bodyguard Rhys Larsen has two rules: 1) Protect his clients at all costs 2) Do not become emotionally involved. Ever. He has never once been tempted to break those rules . . . until her. Bridget von Ascheberg. A princess with a stubborn streak and a hidden fire that reduces his rules to ash. She's nothing he expected and everything he never knew he needed. Day by day, inch by inch, she breaks down his defenses until he's faced with a truth he can no longer deny: he swore an oath to protect her, but all he wants is to ruin her. Because she's his. His princess. His forbidden fruit. His every depraved fantasy. Regal, strong-willed, and bound by the chains of duty, Princess Bridget dreams of the freedom to live and love as she chooses. But when her brother abdicates, she's suddenly faced with the prospect of a loveless, politically expedient marriage and a throne she never wanted. And as she navigates the intricacies-and treacheries-of her new role, she must also hide her desire for a man she can't have. Her bodyguard. Her protector. Her ultimate ruin. Theirs is a love that could destroy a kingdom . . . and doom them both. Contains mature themes.… (more)
Member:EternalPhilosopher
Title:Twisted Games (Twisted, 2)
Authors:Ana Huang (Author)
Info:Bloom Books (2022), 448 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****

Work Information

Twisted Games by Ana Huang

English (8)  Italian (1)  All languages (9)
Love rys very fun read ( )
  AlexaF | Jan 6, 2024 |
I didn't like this as much as the previous one, I felt like the possessiveness was a bit too much for my comfort and this one was just too much "Hallmark movie" as it said within its own pages.

That all being said, I definitely didn't hate it and will 100% be reading the next one, cuz these are SPICY!!! ( )
  Danielle.Desrochers | Oct 10, 2023 |
I was hopeful this would be a home run but it just wasn't. I was all in for over half the book until it just started dragging too much. Time for a break. ( )
  DebJack | Jul 28, 2023 |
I'm like every other girl I love a good royal romance. This book covered all I ever hoped to receive in a book. The story between Rhys & Bridget was beautifully put together. I had some good laughs with the slow build of romance between the characters & I loved the way they got along. The book had be guessing & even suggesting at the end that it take a un-expected turn to be Rhys be a lord or something and It came along to what I suggested even if he was illegitimate. Love this book. Its a wonderful read. ( )
  serlinarose | Feb 28, 2023 |
Cute but too cliché

After finishing Twisted Love, I had HIGH expectations from this book, too high, I guess. The book is nice, a good read, indeed but it's too cliche. I'm a sucker for forbidden love, and the books I've read have always impressed me. But this one was too typical, so much so as a Hallmark movie. Don't get me wrong, I love Hallmark movies too, but someplace around the middle, I stopped imagining the scenes in my head and I guess that's where it went downhill.

I love Rhys and Bridget's chemistry, and the complete devotion Rhys shows for Bridget. I understand Bridget's predicament too, and why she chose to give up on Rhys when she did. When someone has so little, they don't want to lose it, and after her parents, her grandfather was all she had, except Nikolai, of course.

I wanted to read more about Bridget and Rhys's past, and their parents, but the time lapses made it difficult to keep up with the timeline and I think adding those would've confused me to death. However, I love how Bridget doesn't judge him, not just to his face, but even in her POV, she feels his pain and not for a moment does she consider him as an inferior except when she says so to drive him away because she thinks that it's the right thing to do.

I couldn't relate to the book at all. I mean of course I couldn't, I'm not a princess and I've never had a bodyguard, but the book lost its thrill after the Costa Rica trip. Andreas and Rhys, I'd made the connection on their encounter in the hallway, I didn't know how they were related but it was not too difficult to predict. Erhall's connection was a shock, sure, but otherwise the entire plot seemed predictable.

At the smallest mention of Alex and Ava's name, and the small interaction where Jules comments that Alex is whipped, I still felt the butterflies that emerged in the first book. For Rhys and Bridget though, I'm not sure I'll experience those butterflies in the next two books or if I ever did in the first place. Although I've started reading Twisted Hate now, and feel good about it too, I have lowered my standards to escape any disappointment the book might bring.

Update After Bonus Scene: The scene was so domestic (before Jules places Meadow behind the couch lol) and the feeling of finding solace with a partner reverberated through me. Again, I don't relate to Bridget a lot but both of them deserve each other. And I think the bonus scene made up for a lot of what the book lacked, so I could make my rating a 4.5 except Goodreads won't let me (ykwim). The book isn't the best of the series but I recommend it if you're OCD ridden, a fan of forbidden, age gap or royal romances. I enjoyed my read but not as thoroughly as I'd hoped. ( )
  hazelovestoread | Dec 10, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Is contained in

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,096,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible