Not the Witch You Wed

by April Asher

A fake relationship between a magic-less witch and a wolf shifter turns to more in the start of a bewitching new paranormal rom-com series. Magic-less witch Violet Maxwell wants nothing to do with alpha wolf shifter Lincoln Thorne--the man who broke her fragile, teenage heart. But when the two of them are forced by arcane Supernatural Laws to find mates, Violet and Lincoln agree to fake-date their way to a fake-mating in order to conjure themselves some time. The joke's on them. When old feelings make a reappearance--along with Violet's magic--they both realize there's nothing fake about their feelings. But there are old secrets and looming threats that could snatch away their happily ever after, again. One thing's for sure: magic doesn't make dating and love any easier. In Not the Witch You Wed, April Asher brings all the hilarity and sweet, sexy moments you love in a romantic-comedy--plus a fun dose of magic--to this spell-binding new series about being sexy, single, and supernatural in New York City.… (more)

Zura Johnson did a great job of narrating this novel, you were able to tell which character was speaking and it made it easy to keep the story straight in your head. I would definitely read another book narrated by Zura.

I thoroughly enjoyed this paranormal romance. It has a virgin Succubus, triplet witches, werewolves, shifters, and a hot romance, what more could you want from a book!?! I love that you know where the relationship is heading from the very beginning of Vi and Linc's pact but the journey to get there is fun, flirty, and sexy so you don't mind reading it.

Looking forward to reading more books from April Asher. ( )
  Shauna_Morrison | Mar 7, 2022 |
Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher
Contemporary paranormal romantic comedy.
Violet is the oldest of the triplets witches of the Maxwell family. She’s called The Dud, by the press because she is apparently without Magic. When the Elder Counsel tells Lincoln he must comply with their rules, he and Violet team up to fake a relationship. Of course, they have history and unpredictable magic and family to muck things up along the journey.

Filled with humor, sass and a flirty werewolf. And charity both in person and financially. 🥰
I loved Vi’s determination in figuring out her magic and even more, the sisters and BFF support. Multiple wins and happy resolutions.

🎧 I listened to a audiobook version after reading an ecopy. The audiobook is narrated by Zora Johnson who performs with a wide range of nuance to the various main characters. Emotions were clear and carries the reader through the frustration, the joy and heartbreak spot on. It did read quite slow for me in dialect. I moved the speed up a couple of times and ended with 1.5 as the best conversational pace.

I received a copy of both an ebook and audiobook from NetGalley, SMP, and Dreamscape Media. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | Feb 5, 2022 |
Terrific start to a new series.
  DianaTixierHerald | Dec 31, 2021 |
Though this is a well-loved troupe of enemies to lovers, you can’t help but love this sweet and funny story. The characters make this paranormal Rom-Com well worth reading. Give me a swoon worth leading man and a sassy witch any day!
Violet Maxwell is one of three triplets and the only one without any magic ability and life is going well for her without it, thank you very much.…. until it isn’t. First off, she finds out that that she will be forced to mate with someone in order to stabilize the magic she does not possess. Stupid laws! Furthermore, at an engagement party for one of her sisters, she runs into an old flame, Lincoln Thorne, who broke her heart in school. He stirs not only her anger, but feelings she would rather not revisit.
However, Lincoln popping back into Violet’s life maybe fortuitous, since he is also facing a similar fate of an arranged marriage. When Lincoln suggests that they fake date in order to bide themselves more time to figure out a way out of these unwanted marriages, Violet goes along with his plan. Yet, the feelings that he stirs maybe the least of her problems, because he also has stirred her magic to life.
I have been stuck on these rom-coms lately because I am a sucker for a happy ending, especially so with all that is going on right now. These types of books are the perfect escapism that I find are the perfect stress relief. This book in particular fit the bill and drew me in. I totally got lost in the story and the funny scenes and snarky comments made it even better.
The plot flowed nicely and I loved the various paranormal elements. The author gives the reader just enough world building and back story for context; yet, not enough to get bogged down in. As far as rom-com goes, this is one of the better ones. Not too sappy, not too much drama but plenty of pizazz.
I really thought Asher brought her A game on this one. I recommend for all readers of rom-com, especially those that like the paranormal element.
I received a free copy, via NetGalley, from the publisher, in exchange for my honest review. For more of my reviews, and author interviews, please see my book blog at www.thespineview.com. ( )
  purpledog | Nov 9, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,440,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible