All Things Bright and Beautiful: The Classic…

All Things Bright and Beautiful: The Classic Memoirs of a Yorkshire… (original 1974; edition 2013)

by James Herriot (Author)

The world's most beloved animal doctor delightfully continues where he left off in All Creatures Great and Small with new adventures through the Yorkshire dales and a whole menagerie of memorable patients. Young James, now married and working as a small-town vet, encounters a cast of extraordinary characters as he makes his way through the Yorkshire countryside tending to sick cattle, pregnant ewes, ailing dogs--and their eccentric owners.… (more)
Member:Bex_1979
Title:All Things Bright and Beautiful: The Classic Memoirs of a Yorkshire Country Vet
Authors:James Herriot (Author)
Info:Pan (2013), Edition: Reprints, 496 pages
Collections:2021 Books Read

All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot (1974)

Recently added byoctothorp, kurokijo, private library, Bex_1979, bookdraig, TheJudyLibrary, kidsread, VaniceD, rffischer

English (37)  Spanish (1)  All languages (38)
This is a collection of stories about a small town veterinarian, James Herriot. I laughed, I cried and I even know some of these people in these tales! I was captivated from start to finish.

I loved this audiobook! The narrator is fantastic with his perfect accent! Totally made the whole book.

You do not want to miss the antics involved in this heart warming read! The animals and their owners will keep you entertained!

I received this novel from the publisher for a honest review. ( )
  fredreeca | Mar 25, 2021 |
historical, hilarious, Yorkshire, veterinarian, memoir, nonfiction, 1930s, short-stories, rural, village*****

I can't think why I haven't read this marvelous book before! It's a lot of fun and I like the way he tells how it was when he was starting out in practice but also how the improvements in veterinary medicine have helped the domesticated animals. He relates his own foibles as he deals with the varied human characters as well as the others.
This program is read by Nicholas Ralph, star of the new PBS Masterpiece series and his interpretation is wonderful! I love listening to him as he portrays Herriot and everyone else.
I requested and received a free audio copy from MacMillan Audio via NetGalley. Thank you! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Nov 27, 2020 |
Such a lovely book. ( )
  jeanbmac | Jul 28, 2020 |
Call me an old softy, but I find these books heartwarming. ( )
  AldusManutius | Jul 5, 2020 |
A look into a veterinary practice in the English countryside of the 1930's. Follow James Herriot at the beginning of his practice and marriage until he leaves for his call-up to war.

A delightful read. ( )
  Bettesbooks | May 1, 2020 |

James Herriotprimary authorall editionscalculated
García Burgos, AmparoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful, The Lord God made them all. Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895
With love to my wife and to my mother in dear old Glasgow town
As I crawled into bed and put my arm around Helen it occurred to me, not for the first time, that there are few pleasures in this world to compare with snuggling up to a nice woman when you are half frozen.

Let Sleeping Vets Lie &
Vet in Harness

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,223,979 books! | Top bar: Always visible