A Day Like This: A Novel

by Kelley McNeil

What if everything you've ever loved, ever known, ever believed to be true...just disappeared? Annie Beyers has everything--a beautiful house, a loving husband, and an adorable daughter. It's a day like any other when she takes Hannah to the pediatrician...until she wakes hours later from a car accident. When she asks for her daughter, confused doctors tell Annie that Hannah never existed. In fact, nothing after waking from the crash is the same as Annie remembers. Five happy years of her life apparently never happened. Annie's marriage is coming to an end. Now a successful artist living in Manhattan, she's no longer home in their beloved upstate farmhouse. Her long-estranged sister is more like a best friend, and her recently deceased dog is alive and well. With each passing day, Annie's remembered past and unfamiliar present begin to blur. Haunted by visions of Hannah, and with knowledge of things she can't explain, Annie wonders...is everyone lying to her? The search for answers leads Annie down an illuminating path far from home, to reconcile the memories with reality and to discover the truth about the life she's living.… (more)

I really loved this book! Yes, it's so much about two roads diverging ---choices in life. Where do they take you? Can you really have several lives at one. Delightful story full of the ups and downs---incredible confusions Annie is trying to solve. ( )
  nyiper | Feb 26, 2022 |
Lively ( )
  ibkennedy | Nov 22, 2021 |
The premise of this story sounded fascinating, and for most of this book I was page turning, I couldn’t even imagine.
I didn’t realize that this was a fantasy story, but then wouldn’t we all want to do what our heart aches for?
I think I was expecting a psychological thriller, but this was completely different, and I guess for me I don’t believe in alternate universes, but for those who do, you will probably love this read!
I received this book through Net Galley and Lake Union Publishing, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Nov 5, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,095,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible