Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful…

by Brene Brown (Author)

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER * In her latest book, Brené Brown writes, "If we want to find the way back to ourselves and one another, we need language and the grounded confidence to both tell our stories and be stewards of the stories that we hear. This is the framework for meaningful connection." In Atlas of the Heart, Brown takes us on a journey through eighty-seven of the emotions and experiences that define what it means to be human. As she maps the necessary skills and an actionable framework for meaningful connection, she gives us the language and tools to access a universe of new choices and second chances--a universe where we can share and steward the stories of our bravest and most heartbreaking moments with one another in a way that builds connection.   Over the past two decades, Brown's extensive research into the experiences that make us who we are has shaped the cultural conversation and helped define what it means to be courageous with our lives. Atlas of the Heart draws on this research, as well as on Brown's singular skills as a storyteller, to show us how accurately naming an experience doesn't give the experience more power, it gives us the power of understanding, meaning, and choice.   Brown shares, "I want this book to be an atlas for all of us, because I believe that, with an adventurous heart and the right maps, we can travel anywhere and never fear losing ourselves." *Includes a downloadable PDF of illustrations from the book… (more)
Member:ledckelibrary
Title:Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience
Authors:Brene Brown (Author)
Info:Random House (2021), 336 pages

Work Information

Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience by Brene Brown

Recently added bySaraCastle, private library, James_Saunders, jepeters333, ece91, erix.73, SirRoger, ehls, schoolnurse

In Atlas of the Heart, Brown takes us on a journey through eighty-seven of the emotions and experiences that define what it means to be human. As she maps the necessary skills and an actionable framework for meaningful connection, she gives us the language and tools to access a universe of new choices and second chances—a universe where we can share and steward the stories of our bravest and most heartbreaking moments with one another in a way that builds connection.

Over the past two decades, Brown’s extensive research into the experiences that make us who we are has shaped the cultural conversation and helped define what it means to be courageous with our lives. Atlas of the Heart draws on this research, as well as on Brown’s singular skills as a storyteller, to show us how accurately naming an experience doesn’t give the experience more power, it gives us the power of understanding, meaning, and choice. ( )
  jepeters333 | Oct 1, 2022 |
I just finished listening to Atlas of the Heart, by Brene Brown. It is a valuable and cogent book.

Brown has a great deal to say about language and emotions, nearly all based on her extensive studies of how people use particular words to express emotions. Her ideas were nearly all new to me, and while I would not say I agree with her on everything, it is all interesting and worth considering. I listened to an audio book version in which she is the reader, and she adds asides to the text during her reading. I am going to let the ideas rest for a few weeks then will read it again as an ebook or paper book — something I don’t do often. ( )
  Michael_Lilly | May 4, 2022 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,116,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible