Chronicle of the 20th Century by Editor

Chronicle of the 20th Century (original 1987; edition 1988)

by Editor

Series: Chronicle

This CD-ROM features entries for every day of the century through newscreens, sound clips, and unforgettable photography. Up-to-the minute search tools make finding information easy.
Member:BCOMERFORD
Title:Chronicle of the 20th Century
Authors:Editor
Info:Longman (1988), Hardcover, 1359 pages
Tags:BUNGALOW

Chronicle of the 20th Century by Clifton Daniel (1987)

I was so excited when I got the 1990 edition of this book. As a young history buff it was full of detail to fill in the gaps in my knowledge of modern history. I love the way it describes events in the present tense, and provides a 'point in time' perspective. Of course there are lots of topics it would be nice to see full articles on (even though the book is already enormous!), and I would have to say it is difficult to follow through on successive events sometimes. That said, a great reference book and a pleasure to dip into - I learnt a lot from it. The 2000 edition (published in the US) is good to fill in the last ten years of the 20th century. ( )
  bevok | Jul 31, 2017 |
Ive had this book in my collection now for many years. I find it indispensable. A fantastic reference guide for 20th century history. All the articles are from newspapers going right back to 1st January 1900. Absolutely fascinating. Its so vast I still find articles I have never read in it before! ( )
  bennyb | Jan 13, 2011 |

Belongs to Series

The 20th Century is glorious and damned-a century of triumph and tragedy, of grandeur and misery, of vision and disaster. (Introduction)
New York entered the 20th Century with a sense of euphoria and self-satisfaction.

1910 in the United Kingdom

March 1942

March 1944

March 1945

May 1922

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,403,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible