He Said Never (The Lost Corisis Book 2)

by Ruth Cardello

512,584,425 (4.5)None
From New York Times bestselling author Ruth Cardello comes another burning Corisi romance about family crises, dark secrets, and unforeseen love. Riley doesn't want her mom to know that she's been seeing her newly discovered family, the Corisi clan. Riley's biological father made her mother's life hell, and even though he's dead, her fear of anyone who shares his last name lives on. After attending two funerals, Gavin's father has decided Gavin needs a wife and children to be happy. Rather than inheriting his family's company, Gavin now must earn his way back into his father's good graces by producing a fiancée. Everything with Riley would have gone easier if he had just lied to her about his meeting with her brother Dominic. The truth would have hurt her, and that was the last thing he wanted. He never wanted a relationship, but when he is forced to choose between business or a future with her, he realizes he'll choose her every time.… (more)
Recently added byMagicalRi, LoisCampbell1, DeeS85

Another great addition to this interconnected Corisi series. I have loved watching this series expand while still getting a chance to see old favorites in the series.

I loved Gavin and Riley and their interactions. At times, Gavin came off as rude or insensitive and other times Riley appeared standoffish. However, this was just miscommunication and awkwardness. I had to laugh at the antics of Dominic in this series. His attentions are always coming from a good place though. I think my favorite scenes, however, though were between Riley and Mr. Tuttle. He stole the show for me.

I struggled a little bit with the ending of this book. It was very cookie cutter and almost too perfect. Everything came together too quickly and perfectly in such a short amount of time. However, it was not enough for me to not enjoy the story.

I am looking forward to the next book from this author and this series. ( )
  MagicalRi | Feb 24, 2022 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,865,116 books! | Top bar: Always visible