The Shooters (Presidential Agent Novels) by…

The Shooters (Presidential Agent Novels) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by W.E.B. Griffin (Author)

Still tying up loose ends from the investigation of a UN scandal in Argentina, Delta Force officer Charley Castillo is pulled into the case of a missing DEA agent who disappeared while trying to interdict a drug shipment. For some reason no one is trying to get the agent back.
Member:mfigroid
Title:The Shooters (Presidential Agent Novels)
Authors:W.E.B. Griffin (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons (2008), Edition: Reprint, 752 pages
Tags:Read in 2019, Fiction

The Shooters by W. E. B. Griffin (2008)

Recently added byprivate library, mfigroid, SeanNeal, Warnecke, rasnera, WJMNaples, paxz71usa, Alrossow, PigRabbit, Crowder

Straightforward....now I know what someone means by "punchy prose". This book just basically says "Hey! Read me! Here's the beginning, here's the detail in the middle, and here's the end! Have a nice day." Not as good as the previous in this series, but Castillo is an interesting enough character to keep me reading the Presidential Agent novels. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 10, 2014 |
Next in the series, found myself enjoying the character development. The book also seemed to do a good job at Washington politics enmeshed in the times. There is engagement with "the president" always an unnamed character. That's good, I think, because it doesn't engage the political persuasions of the reader: "he would never do that!" And keeps the reader in the adventure. I'll take a break, if I can, before going on to book number four. ( )
  buffalogr | Dec 13, 2013 |
Wonderful book, can't wait to read the next "Gringo" book. I hope Griffin never stops writing about guys doing what needs to be done when it needs done.
This book has action, adventure, intrigue, suspense, and even some romance thrown in. I would recommend this book to any action/adventure reader. ( )
  nursewidener | Oct 5, 2010 |
The Shooters is the 4th book in the Presidential Agent series. In my opinion some of the problems I had with the 3rd book seemed to be corrected and I enjoyed it more like the first.

Charlie once again is on the move and getting about half the sleep he really needs. The President has asked him to get back a DEA agent who's been kidnapped by drug dealers. Castillo, against his better judgment does his best to try and get him back in one piece. Charlie and group have a lot of ground to cover and the less time they take arranging the rescue.

Once again this is really just another 'chapter' in the Presidential Agent 'book'. None of the books really begin or end, but flow from one to another. Overall, I really enjoy listening to these books and they have plenty of action and humor. ( )
  readafew | Aug 27, 2010 |
LC Castillo Forms a team to go to South America to rescue a DEA agent who was kidnapped by drug lords. ( )
  amacmillen | Apr 9, 2010 |

W. E. B. Griffinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Li, NellysCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moat, Rebecca J.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,761,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible