The End Of The Dream The Golden Boy Who…

by Ann Rule

they lived charmed lives among the evergreens of Washington state:Kevin, the artist; Steve, the sculptor; Scott, the nature lover and unabashed ladies' man, and mark, the musician and poet with their stunning good looks, whip-sharp minds, athletic bodies, and no lack of women who adored them-none of them seemed slated for disaster.… (more)
Member:allthesedarnbooks
Title:The End Of The Dream The Golden Boy Who Never Grew Up : Ann Rules Crime Files Volume 5
Authors:Ann Rule
Info:Pocket Books (1999), Edition: 1st, Mass Market Paperback, 523 pages
Collections:Read in 2015, Kindle: Read
Rating:***
Tags:nonfiction, true crime

The End Of The Dream The Golden Boy Who Never Grew Up : Ann Rules Crime Files Volume 5 by Ann Rule

Recently added byiluvvideo, timvim, private library, Beth6584, DDerval, AshleyWest, Bowman8384, ValLeonardo

A friend of mine recommended this series to me when she saw I was reading some nonfiction about criminal psychology, and though I've never really read True Crime, I picked this installment in the series up from a library sale when it caught my eye. I suppose I have mixed feelings about it, but it was certainly engaging. I doubt I'll be methodically picking up Rule's other works, but this was an interesting, in depth look at one case, with short explorations of another, and the detailed research was certainly impressive.

In the end, I'll probably continue sticking mostly to psychological thrillers that are wholly fiction and to nonfiction that deals heavily with psychology and only wanders into casefiles, but I'm glad I at least tried this, and I may try more if particular cases catch my interest. For what it is, I'd say this is probably a 4 star read, though for me personally it's probably closer to a 3.

Recommended If you're interested in true crime and/or bank robberies. ( )
  whitewavedarling | Jun 30, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,632,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible