Duck for President

Duck for President (edition 2004)

When Duck gets tired of working for Farmer Brown, his political ambition eventually leads to his being elected President.
Member:GrayFossilMuseum
Title:Duck for President
Authors:
Info:Scholastic (2004), Unknown Binding
Tags:Juvenile

Duck for President by Doreen Cronin

This silly book is about a duck who gets the farm together to hold an election for a new president. He wants to be the new president so he runs his campaign and gets support from the fellow farm animals. The farm goes through the whole election process and eventually picks a new president! This story has great pictures along with information on the election process and how it works. The story line is great for 4th graders and the election information is very useful for middle school students. ( )
  Brea_Groce | Mar 12, 2019 |
Doreen Cronin creates a simplified version of the election process in "Duck for President". A farm duck begins his campaign trail to run the farm and in the end runs for president and wins. Realizing that running a farm, state and country are all much more work than we wished for he leaves each one thinking the next will be less work. I love reading this book on election days. It is such a fun and simplistic way to discuss elections, voting and democracy with young children. I enjoy pairing it with a voting activity. ( )
  lsiben | Feb 24, 2019 |
This is a fun book for students. It is very entertaining but it also teaches a few different lessons. It helps students realize that they should be heard and respected no matter what. They are able to get involved and try to make a difference even at a young age. ( )
  ElainaBerger | Nov 24, 2018 |
I think this is an incredible childrens book. I think it teaches a lot of good lessons about elections but in a fun kid friendly way. I also think that it is important to teach the kids that there voice is important from a very young age and get as many active participants in our government as we can and that happens by encouraging it from a young age. ( )
  s_cat1 | Oct 15, 2018 |
In this third humorous picture-book featuring the independent-minded animals on Farmer Brown's farm, Duck decides that he should be in charge, setting up an election that sees him rise to power. Soon deciding that running a farm is no fun, he next sets his sights on the governor's office, only to discover that running the state is also hard work. His solution? Run for President, of course! Needless to say, running a country is even harder work, and soon Duck is once again looking for something new...

I enjoyed Duck for President, which pairs an entertaining tale from author Doreen Cronin with appealing watercolor artwork from illustrator Betsy Lewin. Although it wasn't quite as giggle-inducing as the previous two books in the series, Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type and Giggle, Giggle, Quack, it will still have great appeal to anyone who enjoyed those books, and wants to see what Duck gets up to next. As Farmer Brown has been known to say, you have to keep your eye on that fowl! ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Apr 26, 2018 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BetsyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
*DUCK NEEDED* No experience necessary. Must be able to mow the lawn and grind coffee beans.

This is a good book for teaching students about elections.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,297,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible