I Dream of Dinner (so You Don't Have To): Low-Effort, High-Reward Recipes: A Cookbook

by Ali Slagle

873312,157 (4)None
"150 fast and flexible recipes to use what you have and make what you want, from New York Times contributor Ali Slagle. With minimal ingredients and maximum joy in mind, Ali Slagle's no-nonsense, completely delicious recipes are ideal for dinner tonight--and every single night. Like she does with her instantly beloved recipes in the New York Times, Ali combines readily available, inexpensive ingredients in clever, uncomplicated ways for meals that spark everyday magic. Maybe it's Fish & Chips Tacos tonight, a bowl of Olive Oil-Braised Chickpeas tomorrow, and Farro Carbonara forever and ever. All come together with fewer than eight ingredients and forty-five minutes, using one or two pots and pans. Half the recipes are plant-based, too. Organized by main ingredients like eggs, noodles, beans, and chicken, chapters include quick tricks for riffable cooking methods and flavor combinations so that dinner bends to your life, not the other way around (no meal-planning required!). Whether in need of comfort and calm, fire and fun--directions to cling to, or the inspiration to wing it--I Dream of Dinner (so You Don't Have To) is the only phone-a-friend you need. That's because Ali, a home cook turned recipe developer, guides with a reassuring calm, puckish curiosity, and desire for everyone, everywhere, to make great food--and fast. (Phew!)"--provided by publisher.… (more)

good overall tips and some unique recipes but difficult for picky eaters
  cinee | May 27, 2024 |
Some really great recipes that I can't wait to try! ( )
  Sassyjd32 | Dec 22, 2023 |
Could not be happier with a cookbook than this one! I have made several recipes so far and my favorite one is Swordfish with Za'atar Tomatoes. I substituted fresh fluke because we had just caught it, and it was fabulous, so I can't wait to try it with the swordfish. ( )
  mchwest | Jun 3, 2022 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,377,049 books! | Top bar: Always visible